Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I can't have him but I still love him Watch

I made a huge mistake and I cheated on my ex-boyfriend around 9 months ago now, we've been broken up for around 7 months now because of it and we're now close friends but the problem is I'm still totally in love with him and I messed up really badly and it's ruined everything and there's nothing I can do about it and I don't know how to deal with it because he's my whole world and I've lost him because I was an idiot and please don't tell me that I should have thought about that before I cheated on him because I already am mad enough at myself for that I don't need people telling me it again I just want to know what I'm supposed to do to feel better because I've felt like I've been dying since we broke up

ReputationRep:
    It will pass with time. Try to find a new bf and don't repeat the same mistake.

ReputationRep:
    Be his close friend for long enough and he will have the same feelings for you.

Guys and girls cannot be just friends, not possible for a guy... and as you have history he can say it.

(As opposed to other guys who never tell their friend and act as their friend hoping one day she will make a move).

ReputationRep:
    If you want him then go get him, just make it clear that you've learned from your mistake. Personally, I wouldn't forgive anyone that cheated on me but he might.

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't already maybe try apologising to him again and let him know how much you regret it and just basically tell him what's on your mind.

He's your friend, he will listen! You bring it up in a number of ways. Maybe when he asks how you are ease it in then. Or you could do it by speaking as though the person isn't him eg. 'I am really annoyed at myself because I messed something up with someone I'm in love
    with"

Just a few suggestions but you should definitely tell him how you feel. He may even want you back but want to know for sure you won't do it to him again. I really hope it all works out for you and you have learnt from your mistakes. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 10, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.