Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I got 1A* 5As 4Bs at GCSE and I'm wanting to take a couple extra GCSE's whilst at college to boost my A* count in subjects i didn't have chance to at school (as they weren't offered) that I know very well, however will med schools care what time the qualifications were taken as they aren't retakes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parker13)
    I got 1A* 5As 4Bs at GCSE and I'm wanting to take a couple extra GCSE's whilst at college to boost my A* count in subjects i didn't have chance to at school (as they weren't offered) that I know very well, however will med schools care what time the qualifications were taken as they aren't retakes?
    I plan on doing the same. I havent read about this being an issue. I guess it depends on where you apply. I plan on looking at where seems feasible for me to apply to before i decide how many extra gcses to take.
    Is there any reason why you didnt get higher grades? If not then you may just benefit from working hard at UKCAT, work exp and a levels. Id only say do it if you feel its 100% necessary..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parker13)
    Check if the universities require the GCSEs to have been sat during the normal time frame, because for A levels, if they are sat earlier they may not count in the offer (for a lot of unis).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.