Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How to make friends? Watch

Recently I've been hanging around the internet a lot. I'm not gonna lie but I feel like I've lost all my social skills and ability to make friends in real life. My old friends think I'm a massive creep because of all my friends I've made on the internet over the past few years and I'll be honest, some of my internet friends are really creepy . Any ideas on where to go from here?

Really don't know how to proceed with my social life lol

ReputationRep:
    try meet new people xxx

Thats a good question, if you figure it out let me know, i never even developed social skills due to all my time being spent on my own so i'd still be curious to know if there is a way lol (think its a bit late for me but worth knowing)

ReputationRep:
    PM me so I can become your friend? Also have you met any of your internet friends?

If you have any interests, try to find people who have similar ones.

You could do this by going to a fitness class, learning a new musical instrument or language, playing a sport etc.

I've made a few friends at the gym just by making offhand comments about things.

The best way to improve your social skills is to force yourself to push your boundaries, get out there and get talking to people! You can do it the thought is always way more daunting than the actual thing.

If you ever want to chat, I'm always around

ReputationRep:
    Always happy to get a new friends. Try to have a more friends.

Arrrgghhhh, I feel so bad for calling them "old friends" lol

(Original post by william walker)
    PM me so I can become your friend? Also have you met any of your internet friends?
    I haven't met any of them yet. I live in a town and not that many people go on the internet too often. The ones I know are either from London or America which I don't really visit lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Recently I've been hanging around the internet a lot. I'm not gonna lie but I feel like I've lost all my social skills and ability to make friends in real life. My old friends think I'm a massive creep because of all my friends I've made on the internet over the past few years and I'll be honest, some of my internet friends are really creepy . Any ideas on where to go from here?

Really don't know how to proceed with my social life lol
    I'll be honest i'm one of those guys that will probably think that you are a creep but i am not here to troll .

Its pretty easy man, you text some of your old friends and ask if they want to go watch Avengers 2, if they say no or make up some lame excuse you move onto the next guy! (This trick works with dating girls too hahahah).
    Also when you hang around with them, try not to talk about your virtual friends too much. A normal guy (like me) will think you are a wierd and probably will not reply to your texts. Talk about football or something, an interest that all guys can relate too.
    I have made an assumption that you are a guy

ReputationRep:
    I haven't met any of them yet. I live in a town and not that many people go on the internet too often. The ones I know are either from London or America which I don't really visit lol
    DON'T GO VISITING YOUR VIRTUAL FRIENDS MAN!
    They can stab you in real life and when you die in real life you die forever! No re spawn for you buddy

ReputationRep:
    So where do you live? If it is close to me I will meet you.

Arrrgghhhh, I feel so bad for calling them "old friends" lol
    No, no! Don't! We all change as we grow up, it's just one of those things. Chatting to people online doesn't make you a creep, though.

ReputationRep:
    Have you got a city close to you?

(Original post by pfm)
    No, no! Don't! We all change as we grow up, it's just one of those things. Chatting to people online doesn't make you a creep, though.
    Yeah, Reading but it's like an hour away :/

(Original post by pfm)
    I showed my friends from my old school to them yesterday and now they think I've become crazy lol.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 10, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your GCSE results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.