Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Being an adult is realising Rachel should've stayed on the plane Watch

ReputationRep:
    What would you have done?

Sometimes you have to sacrifice people in the short term, to work on yourself in the long term.

I just don't know how Ross and Rachel would've worked in the long term. She would have grown to resent him for having to give up going to Paris.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I probably wouldn't have said yes to the job in the first place, but yeah you're probably right as sad as that is. She would've ended up resenting him and they break up. It's unlikely there would've really been a happy ever after but it's a tv show

ReputationRep:
    I'd have also left the plane. She went with her heart.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's why it's TV though. It's total escapism from reality. In reality, that wouldn't be a wise decision to make.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. Ross and having a family was clearly always her first choice she just didn't consider it an option

Maybe if it was just Ross she was coming back to, she should've given Paris a shot. But he was the father of her child and she was taking the child abroad. Lots of factors at play.

She could easily get a better job in New York and I don't she'd resent him - it's not like he could go to her cos he had Ben and like I said settling down with Ross was clearly always we first choice.

God I'm a loser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Sometimes you have to sacrifice people in the short term, to work on yourself in the long term.
    And sometimes you have to pass on opportunities in the short term to work on a relationship in the long term. There's no one size fits all answer to this.

ReputationRep:
    I always thought Monica and Chandler were the better couple.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably have stayed on the plane while crying or something.

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree. Ross is actually not a very nice character. Very controlling and jealous. And the fact he dropped in the "on a break" thing in that last conversation, when he KNOWS how much she still hates it, just shows how much of a prick he is.

Have I thought too much about this?

ReputationRep:
    Ross punched way above his weight anyway, he must have fantastic skills in the sack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    What would you have done?

I just don't know how Ross and Rachel would've worked in the long term. She would have grown to resent him for having to give up going to Paris.

Spoiler:
    Show

No OP....being adult means having more important things to do with your time than making threads about what should have happened on Friends :lol:

ReputationRep:
    But throughout the series it was obvious them 2 would end up together so they had to make her come off the plane

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why but I love Ross as a character and he's my favourite! I seem to be the only person who likes him very much :') I ship them together so i'm glad Rachael got off the plane!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 10, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.