The Student Room Group

UK should inspire to be more like...?

I meant *aspire*.

What country would you like the UK to be more like?

Personally I would like the UK society to be more like the Scandinavian countries on issues like better equality between the sexes and classes. Unfortunately, I fear that the UK is becoming more and more like the US everyday with an emphasis on big corporations and the widening gap between the poor and rich.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

north korea
Certainly not the USA.

I've always had a soft spot for Continental Europe; I think we should 'Europeanise' into a looser China/India. I also think we have many things to learn from our counterparts throughout the commonwealth.
Singapore, the world's most successful country.
Original post by Observatory
Singapore, the world's most successful country.

Really? I have a lot of love for Singapore, I love their libertarian views, but I wouldn't call it the most successful country on earth.

It's a positive role model for the UK, albeit it's a bit small. Singapore is a model for London, not the UK.

The UK should look to Japan for inspiration. Automation and off-shoring, only accepting necessary talent and urgent asylum seekers; we can increase our disposable incomes, drive innovation, and develop poor countries!
I agree with Scandinavian countries.
Iceland. Other Scandinavian countries.
Reply 8
Germany
Yeah, scandinavian countries are good, apparently their education systems are better too
Norway
I hope we become more like the US.
Der Faterland, Das Deutsches Reich, Deutschland! 🇩🇪
Original post by Clip
Is this some kind of joke?

What's not libertarian about Singapore? Even their pre-uni education has elements of privatisation!
Original post by Lady Comstock
north korea

If you tilt your head Cameron could easily look like Kim jong un however you spell it
London
Original post by DiddyDec
I hope we become more like the US.

obese
Original post by ImNotReallyMe
obese

It that all you can take from the US is like?

We are already an obese nation. I was hoping for some more lax gun laws.

yeah i know its just the first word that came to my head
anyway, ISIS have reaaaally lax gun laws if that's what you're looking for :P lol

We could do with the land mass aswell

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending