Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it! 1.40pm! I've stopped panicking now. I've reached this strange, calm place that I can't explain. Bring it on! Xx

ReputationRep:
    My exam is at 12.30! I think I am ready though 🤔 Have you got any idea about question 2? I think it could be a letter !?!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! By the time you're finished, I'll still have an hour to go (most likely toiling away at section B still lol).

I have a strong notion that Section B will be a letter. In the summer exams a speech came up and looking at past papers they tend not to repeat them. It's either going to be an article or a letter. I'm hoping for a letter because they are easy for me.

At least we know that it'll be an informal style that we'll be asked to write in, judging by every single past paper.

To be honest (I know it sounds silly), the thing I'm losing sleep over most is the 6 mark question at the end of section A where you have to say which passage is more successful at something. I'm really awful at articulating the reasons and the reasons WHY (stating evidence).

I think I'm overthinking it.

Which section are you apprehensive about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireybell2477)
    Good luck! By the time you're finished, I'll still have an hour to go (most likely toiling away at section B still lol).

I have a strong notion that Section B will be a letter. In the summer exams a speech came up and looking at past papers they tend not to repeat them. It's either going to be an article or a letter. I'm hoping for a letter because they are easy for me.

At least we know that it'll be an informal style that we'll be asked to write in, judging by every single past paper.

To be honest (I know it sounds silly), the thing I'm losing sleep over most is the 6 mark question at the end of section A where you have to say which passage is more successful at something. I'm really awful at articulating the reasons and the reasons WHY (stating evidence).

I think I'm overthinking it.

Which section are you apprehensive about?
    Hey, Im taking it tomorrow too! I failed with a D in summer so im resitting and really hoping to get this IGCSE, do you have any good tips for Section C, the discussion essay, how can I argue about something even if I do not know anything about it?

ReputationRep:
    my exam is tomorrow and im not ready! i dont know what to do for the 6 mark question

ReputationRep:
    I always start question number 10 as follow : In my opinion text number two ( or one ) gives a more successful idea to encourage me .......or... in my opinion text number two would give a better idea about ......I am actually not very confident with question B as I tend to write what I think rather than write something related to the txt 😳

Good Luck for tomorrow 😉

ReputationRep:
    what about the examples for question 10 what do they mean

ReputationRep:
    For question 10, if the writer does something you think is good, pick out examples (state a word, phrase or sentence) that you like and then say why you like it to back it up.

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stellina7)
    I always start question number 10 as follow : In my opinion text number two ( or one ) gives a more successful idea to encourage me .......or... in my opinion text number two would give a better idea about ......I am actually not very confident with question B as I tend to write what I think rather than write something related to the txt 😳

Good Luck for tomorrow 😉
    Do both! Write what you think, in addition to the ideas supplied in the texts. Stronger candidates (according to the examiner reports) got better marks because they used their own ideas as well as integrating the info from the texts into their writing.

ReputationRep:
    Generally one txt is always from a personal experience and the other gives you general information. You could perhaps say : ...txt number two is an extract from a personal experience so it gives us a better understanding...and going on about the impact 😉

ReputationRep:
    How was it?

ReputationRep:
    I did reply earlier after the exam but obviously it didn't go through!

Section A was tough. I wrote a load of crap for question 10 and the four mark question before that made me panic and overthink lol

I think I may be penalised for the website contribution. I just wrote a catchy title but didn't include the date!

I wrote pally and lively and as though I was talking to fellow students (even though I'm 32!) and I think I covered the Burkett points in good depth and evenly.

I probably wrote a load of crap! But I think I wrote as well as I could have.

Section C was easy. I wrote a story about A Strange Day!

How did you do?! Confident?

ReputationRep:
    I had exactly the same thoughts. Section A was really though, the questions were really difficult to understand in relation with the text. I did not like the subject " music etc.." so the article was not great and I think I could do better with a different subject.
    Question C was easy as I planned to do a story and the title "A strange day " was very open.

ReputationRep:
    I had a planned story too, yay! I've been praying like mad that my awesome story would be relevant to the title prompt and I felt like fist pumping the air when I flipped to the back of the page and realised my prayers had been answered lol score for us!

I'm sorry you struggled with the topic. I'm with you - I thought the questions in section A were really tough to comprehend. I had to keep reading it repeatedly and force myself not to quit on them. In desperation to move past them, I did write some crap for question 10 and fire the question that asked you to write two points about her thoughts on music and then give examples. I doubt I got the marks there!

Anyway, it's over now, we did our best! Let's relax and enjoy our bravery and effort.

Let me know what grade you get ok? I'll let you know what I get too. Apparently I get my results early March.

Well done! Xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi girls, do you know when the Grade boundaries are up?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea. Where would we find this info? I get my results early March. So nervous. I'm keen on looking at the grade boundaries though!

ReputationRep:
    You can find the grade boundaries here : http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...Boundaries.pdf
    (page 5)
    All the IGCSE results are going to be out next Thursday but I am not sure about the grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...rnational-GCSE

ReputationRep:
    Results day! I hope that everyone got the grades they wanted - I got an A* So pleased!

What did everyone else get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireybell2477)
    Results day! I hope that everyone got the grades they wanted - I got an A* So pleased!

What did everyone else get?
    Well done!
    I got a B which I was not expecting so I'm really pleased.

Poll
Would you rather
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.