Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Vegan - two questions to vegetarians/meat-eaters/vegans Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightergait)
    Hi there!

I'm at university and have opened a food and fitness business based around veganism and along with the café opening I aim to offer healthy but cheap meals for students. I need your help on some things!

1. What is the biggest reason you would not go vegan or, if you would consider being vegan, how would you like my business to help you do so? Please think about this in depth, rather than "I love meat". Genuine and thought-provoking responses would be lovely

2. If my food shop was coming to your town, what would you like to be served for breakfast and lunch?

I am already invested in serving smoothies and soups as "takeaway" lunches for students who are in a rush and need something on the go, but listing your favourite soups and smoothies would be great too!
    It's great to see posts on veganism and just getting the word out. More people have been made aware of veganism now because of Beyonce and her new way of eating. I'm not vegan but I have gone vegan for 3 months and now it's something that implement - so I'm what you call a "part time vegan" or partially plant based...

1- What motivated me the most was the health and superficial benefits of a plant based diet and alleviating self-inflicted health issues. But I think the reason why I wouldn't go vegan completely is the inconvenience of it and the lack of on - the - go foods - obviously there's fruit and vegetables but sometimes I'd like to go Tesco and get a sandwich you know the simple things rather than having to wake up a bit earlier and make it myself or a frappe with coconut whipped cream or something. So it's more of convenience and lack of variety. If there was a lot more vegan restaurants/cafe's or vegan options at establish restaurants it would be easier especially at celebratory events and such.

2 - I've seen soo many vegan recipes on YouTube and online in general ^_^
    Breakfast: Pancakes/waffles, banana bread, breakfast muffins, Smoothies and juices (baring in mind that I'd want something I can't really do myself so baked beans and toast wont really cut it) Urm "Nice creams" and sauces with a date base - like dates cherries and water to make a cherry sauce or carob/cacao/cocoa blended with dates and water into a smooth sauce to make chocolate sauce etc; same sauces can be used as topping on pancakes or combine them all to have nice cream on pancakes with a sauce
    Lunch + dinner: hummus and falafel sandwiches bagels, rolls whatever bread of choice. Potato and or bean curries, soups, bean burgers and chips, pasta dishes, vegan pizza with soy cheese or chili con carne and replacing mince meat with blitzed onions and mushrooms or replacing the minced meat with quinoa or a tofu stir fry or Asian inspired noodle soup dishes the possibilities are endless :P

And nice desserts like cupcakes, donuts and ice cream made from coconut milk and avocado and food people think they can't have but just veganise it - like custard - use birds custard powder and soy milk or something or a trifle or vegan brownies etc. You can almost turn any regular dish into a plant based dish; just with a little imagination and a whole lot of spice. It's important to invest in plant based protein sources as the default response to going vegan is where are you going to get your protein? So soy protein powders added to shakes/smoothies or incorporating into dishes beans and legumes or soy products like tofu and great super-foods like quinoa (to make a nice Mediterranean inspired dish) and chia seeds to make a dessert (chia pudding).
    Favorite soups are noodle soups, butternut squash with some apple cooked into it with a crusty bread roll and a simple courgette soup with loads of spinach - sometimes I just pour that soup over a mound of rice :P

I've made most of these foods during my 90 day vegan challenge and even outside of that challenge, but it would have been better if I could conveniently buy it. The way I see it is, the real issue isn't demand but distribution.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Well she asked me directly what I would buy. And seemed to assume that everyone with an eating disorder would eat the same things. She could find out what *I* would eat (right now, almost exclusively ice-cream) but that doesn't say what anyone else with an ED would want.

If vegan food was better than food made from animal products then everyone would eat it. It wouldn't be the alternative because people naturally go for what tastes best.

Also, I can't stand, falafel, hummus or pizza and garlic bread has butter in it so isn't 'coincindentally vegan'.
    I didn't assume everyone was the same - I asked YOU what you would eat, as someone with an eating disorder.

Also, not true. Our taste buds adapt to what we eat and are brought up on. Before going vegan, I hated all vegan food and adored the taste of animal products. As a vegan, I crave and enjoy whole foods more than I ever liked animal products. This alone proves that what you 'naturally' go for isn't natural - it's conditioned.

Junk food (fatty and salty) and dairy are proven to be addictive. The less of it we eat, the less likely we are to 'naturally' go for it. So, yes, vegan food DOES taste better but won't to someone who eats nothing but meat and dairy won't see it that way, which was me before.

Use my boyfriend for example. He is transitioning to veganism and drinks almond milk - as a previous milk lover, he now prefers almond milk. He also now prefers vegan butter. He also now prefers cheese-less dishes, even when they're vegan substitutes, because he has lost the craving for cheese-tasting foods and enjoys whole foods more.

Please be open-minded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faith.A)
    It's great to see posts on veganism and just getting the word out. More people have been made aware of veganism now because of Beyonce and her new way of eating. I'm not vegan but I have gone vegan for 3 months and now it's something that implement - so I'm what you call a "part time vegan" or partially plant based...

1- What motivated me the most was the health and superficial benefits of a plant based diet and alleviating self-inflicted health issues. But I think the reason why I wouldn't go vegan completely is the inconvenience of it and the lack of on - the - go foods - obviously there's fruit and vegetables but sometimes I'd like to go Tesco and get a sandwich you know the simple things rather than having to wake up a bit earlier and make it myself or a frappe with coconut whipped cream or something. So it's more of convenience and lack of variety. If there was a lot more vegan restaurants/cafe's or vegan options at establish restaurants it would be easier especially at celebratory events and such.

2 - I've seen soo many vegan recipes on YouTube and online in general ^_^
    Breakfast: Pancakes/waffles, banana bread, breakfast muffins, Smoothies and juices (baring in mind that I'd want something I can't really do myself so baked beans and toast wont really cut it) Urm "Nice creams" and sauces with a date base - like dates cherries and water to make a cherry sauce or carob/cacao/cocoa blended with dates and water into a smooth sauce to make chocolate sauce etc; same sauces can be used as topping on pancakes or combine them all to have nice cream on pancakes with a sauce
    Lunch + dinner: hummus and falafel sandwiches bagels, rolls whatever bread of choice. Potato and or bean curries, soups, bean burgers and chips, pasta dishes, vegan pizza with soy cheese or chili con carne and replacing mince meat with blitzed onions and mushrooms or replacing the minced meat with quinoa or a tofu stir fry or Asian inspired noodle soup dishes the possibilities are endless :P

And nice desserts like cupcakes, donuts and ice cream made from coconut milk and avocado and food people think they can't have but just veganise it - like custard - use birds custard powder and soy milk or something or a trifle or vegan brownies etc. You can almost turn any regular dish into a plant based dish; just with a little imagination and a whole lot of spice. It's important to invest in plant based protein sources as the default response to going vegan is where are you going to get your protein? So soy protein powders added to shakes/smoothies or incorporating into dishes beans and legumes or soy products like tofu and great super-foods like quinoa (to make a nice Mediterranean inspired dish) and chia seeds to make a dessert (chia pudding).
    Favorite soups are noodle soups, butternut squash with some apple cooked into it with a crusty bread roll and a simple courgette soup with loads of spinach - sometimes I just pour that soup over a mound of rice :P

I've made most of these foods during my 90 day vegan challenge and even outside of that challenge, but it would have been better if I could conveniently buy it. The way I see it is, the real issue isn't demand but distribution.
    Good luck!
    Wow, such an amazing detailed response! Thank you so much!

YES EXACTLY. There are vegan sandwiches rolling out in most of the shops near me and they are gaining a lot of sales so I think you are completely right - going vegan is aided so much by companies making it convenient to do so, and that's what my shop will aim to do!

Congrats on the vegan challenge - it's great you are so much more of a conscious consumer now and the animals you lessened demand for makes a huge difference, no matter if it's 1 or 1000!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, such an amazing detailed response! Thank you so much!

YES EXACTLY. There are vegan sandwiches rolling out in most of the shops near me and they are gaining a lot of sales so I think you are completely right - going vegan is aided so much by companies making it convenient to do so, and that's what my shop will aim to do!

Congrats on the vegan challenge - it's great you are so much more of a conscious consumer now and the animals you lessened demand for makes a huge difference, no matter if it's 1 or 1000!
    No problem, I'm glad I could help
    I'm really hoping that I can increase the time frame of being all plant based so like instead of just 3 month and random days maybe consistently do it alternating every two months or so when I go uni. I wish your cafe would be at my uni who knows maybe you might be able to branch out

ReputationRep:
    1. An easy cook book for students. I think many reasons students that want to be Vegan aren't is due to laziness, if there was a way to promote Veganism it would be simplicity and accessibility.

2. Takes on popular meat dishes maybe with Vegan alternatives. Panini's always go down well. Vegan full english breakfasts are a good one too

ReputationRep:
    I didn't assume everyone was the same - I asked YOU what you would eat, as someone with an eating disorder.

Also, not true. Our taste buds adapt to what we eat and are brought up on. Before going vegan, I hated all vegan food and adored the taste of animal products. As a vegan, I crave and enjoy whole foods more than I ever liked animal products. This alone proves that what you 'naturally' go for isn't natural - it's conditioned.

Junk food (fatty and salty) and dairy are proven to be addictive. The less of it we eat, the less likely we are to 'naturally' go for it. So, yes, vegan food DOES taste better but won't to someone who eats nothing but meat and dairy won't see it that way, which was me before.

Use my boyfriend for example. He is transitioning to veganism and drinks almond milk - as a previous milk lover, he now prefers almond milk. He also now prefers vegan butter. He also now prefers cheese-less dishes, even when they're vegan substitutes, because he has lost the craving for cheese-tasting foods and enjoys whole foods more.

Please be open-minded.
    So it doesn't taste better. I can eat a new chocolate bar (for example) that I've never eaten before and know whether it's better or worst than what I usually eat. I hate the idea that people have to 'get used to the taste' of something. If you don't like it, then why put yourself through eating/drinking it in the hope one day you will.

And I would not eat vegan food. I would not eat rather than eat something I won't enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    I am a person who is intrigued by the idea of being a vegan, but the amount of work required to transition would completely throw me.

I can't really cook at all and often rely on ready meals/pizzas/things I can cook from frozen. Just the fact you are trying to bring healthy options to the mass market is a great thing, I wish you the best of luck!

You have to have a butternut squash based soup! It's by far my favourite soup flavour! Followed by leek and potato, but that's super cream filled, can you make a good vegan version of that?

If you ever publish a recipe book or a students survival guide to veganism... I'd sure buy it!

Maybe you could start a vegan challenge,or something

ReputationRep:
    garlic bread has butter in it so isn't 'coincindentally vegan'.
    Morrisons offers not just one but two types of lovely vegan garlic bread

ReputationRep:
    So it doesn't taste better. I can eat a new chocolate bar (for example) that I've never eaten before and know whether it's better or worst than what I usually eat. I hate the idea that people have to 'get used to the taste' of something. If you don't like it, then why put yourself through eating/drinking it in the hope one day you will.

And I would not eat vegan food. I would not eat rather than eat something I won't enjoy.
    It does taste better. I'm saying that people's tastebuds get used to eating things that are bad for us. It's about undoing the conditioning to return to veganism, not suppressing a want for meat so you can be vegan. You have it the wrong way round here.

I think I'm done here. Thanks for your input

ReputationRep:
    It does taste better. I'm saying that people's tastebuds get used to eating things that are bad for us. It's about undoing the conditioning to return to veganism, not suppressing a want for meat so you can be vegan. You have it the wrong way round here.

I think I'm done here. Thanks for your input
    RETURN? I have never been vegan. Humans are not naturally vegan. We have evolved to eat meat and our digestive systems have adapted to the food sources available (this is why people who ethnically come from a region of the world where there are no cattle and the milk instead comes from animals like sheep and goats are more likely to be lactose intolerant). Many different completely separate societies have independently domesticated animals for milk, meat, leather and fur. Does this not suggest that this is our natural state?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faith.A)
    No problem, I'm glad I could help
    I'm really hoping that I can increase the time frame of being all plant based so like instead of just 3 month and random days maybe consistently do it alternating every two months or so when I go uni. I wish your cafe would be at my uni who knows maybe you might be able to branch out
    Hehe that's sweet. Well my university is funding me for a vegan project where I use social media platforms, campaigns and events to help students to live vegan cheaply, easily and healthily, and we are hoping for it go to nationwide if it's successful, which it already has been so far! We have managed to change catering options, have compost bins in the accommodation halls and are working with a multitude of other lifestyle areas to help student be more sustainable Let's hope I reach you soon!

ReputationRep:
    RETURN? I have never been vegan. Humans are not naturally vegan. We have evolved to eat meat and our digestive systems have adapted to the food sources available (this is why people who ethnically come from a region of the world where there are no cattle and the milk instead comes from animals like sheep and goats are more likely to be lactose intolerant). Many different completely separate societies have independently domesticated animals for milk, meat, leather and fur. Does this not suggest that this is our natural state?
    This is not true. The research is out there. I deal with this resistance a lot so whilst I would love to provide you with references, facts and links I am extremely tired already from a day of activism and I hope you understand the same arguments get tiring! If you have the time, it is easy to research. Thanks for your input again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cal-lum)
    1. An easy cook book for students. I think many reasons students that want to be Vegan aren't is due to laziness, if there was a way to promote Veganism it would be simplicity and accessibility.

2. Takes on popular meat dishes maybe with Vegan alternatives. Panini's always go down well. Vegan full english breakfasts are a good one too
    If you see my comment above I talk about a new university project a team of vegans and I are being paid for to do exactly this but for free and mainly online. It would be lovely if it was successful as it will be extremely accessible and useful for students who want to make the change for minimal effort. I will seriously consider coming out with an e-book or something that summarises all the things we will help students with for The Gaia Project. Stay tuned.

Great suggestions - I will log them. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxas)
    I am a person who is intrigued by the idea of being a vegan, but the amount of work required to transition would completely throw me.

I can't really cook at all and often rely on ready meals/pizzas/things I can cook from frozen. Just the fact you are trying to bring healthy options to the mass market is a great thing, I wish you the best of luck!

You have to have a butternut squash based soup! It's by far my favourite soup flavour! Followed by leek and potato, but that's super cream filled, can you make a good vegan version of that?

If you ever publish a recipe book or a students survival guide to veganism... I'd sure buy it!

Maybe you could start a vegan challenge,or something
    It's really just one step at a time! Little things like replacing milk with plant milks (for which there are over 15 options now!) can be a start, or doing Meatless Mondays. It's great to hear that you're open minded and that what prevents you from going vegan is manageable, rather than you being against veganism itself. If you see my other comments I talk about The Gaia Project which is essentially a mentoring programme for student to not only live vegan but make sustainable and ethical choices easily - is that something that would interest you?

Thank you very much! I'm hoping it will be a success!

I LOVE BUTTERNUT SQUASH AGH, so yes definitely. I make a great butternut squash dish that's similar to Mac n Cheese, aside the taste, that always goes down well! Yes leek and potato soup I can make vegan and now I'm tempted to have it this week... Hehe.

Ahhhh that would be amazing if people wanted a book version. An e-guide maybe, like we are doing for The Gaia Project?

A VEGAN CHALLENGE IS A GREAT IDEA FOR THE PROJECT. I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT. It would really appeal to people's competitive side! That would be awesome! I'll think on that.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I'm at university and have opened a food and fitness business based around veganism and along with the café opening I aim to offer healthy but cheap meals for students. I need your help on some things!

1. What is the biggest reason you would not go vegan or, if you would consider being vegan, how would you like my business to help you do so? Please think about this in depth, rather than "I love meat". Genuine and thought-provoking responses would be lovely

2. If my food shop was coming to your town, what would you like to be served for breakfast and lunch?

I am already invested in serving smoothies and soups as "takeaway" lunches for students who are in a rush and need something on the go, but listing your favourite soups and smoothies would be great too!
    Hey girl!

First off, I love, love the fact that you're doing this at your uni. I'm phasing into veganism right now(currently a 'strict' vegetarian right now as I still eat honey and the rare dairy and eggs), and I just absolutely admire anyone who tries to promote veganism/healthy living into the lives of young people. Mainly because I think it's so hard to persuade young people these days into trying out veganism because of the whole stigma that turning vegan is only for for 'weird' health freaks and tree-huggers. So I love that you're doing this. I'm in uni too but there's hardly any vegan options in my cafeteria. There are vegetarian options sometimes but they're always loaded with cheese and dairy and whatnot. So maybe I can take inspiration from you and persuade my college cook to try out some vegan meals?!

Here are my answers:

1. One big reason that I think people might be put off from veganism is how expensive the lifestyle is. It's something I am struggling myself as a college student. I know that you can argue that being vegan can be relatively cheap(ie. a vegan diet consists of fruits, vegetables, beans and legumes – all of which are affordable), but I honestly don't think this is the case. What I think is that shopping vegan can be cheap and affordable–but only if you want your meals to taste meh/quite bland. I've experimented a lot with vegan cooking this summer –and still am!– and have discovered that to cook amazing, delicious meals, you need to spend a lot/get quite a lot of offbeat, relatively expensive ingredients such as flaxseed meal(which can get pretty expensive alright) and chia seeds. Maybe you might think differently on this statement, but this is what my experiences have led me to believe.

Another reason why I think people might not want to turn vegan is the low availability of vegan convenience stores or cafes around. I think if there are as much vegan convenience stores/cafes/restaurants around as much as there are non-vegan ones, it would be so much easier for people to try out and stick to veganism. It's so easy for someone who's busy and tight on time to just gorge out on junk food just because it's right around the corner from them. The problem is that there's not much vegan/vegetarian-focused supermarket/convenience store like WholeFoods around! I'm extremely jealous of Americans on this account.

So I guess by looking back at my responses, if I were a meat eater the only way you'd convince me to try veganism is by offering me cheap, affordable meals that I know I'd want to and be able to make in the future. It would be nice for your business to show customers that the vegan lifestyle is not for an exclusive group of people only, but for pretty much anyone. It's important to show that veganism can be accessible!! Hope this helps!

2. Oh god. I'm getting giddy thinking of the massive list I have in mind. Here are things that I would love to just be able to pick off the cafeteria in college:

BREAKFAST
    Banana pancakes
    http://cookieandkate.com/2012/banana-oat-pancakes/

Oatmeal
    I don't think I can say anything more to this, hot oatmeals on a winter's day are the bomb! Preferably topped with lots of fresh fruit You can also try serving overnight oats, I prefer eating them on warmer days. Note that some people might not like the texture though(my sister, for example!)

Tofu Breakfast Burrito
    http://veggieandthebeastfeast.com/20...fast-burritos/
    I haven't tried this recipe out yet, but I just love the idea of grabbing a burrito if I'm feeling extra peckish in the morning!

LUNCH
    Spelt Pizza (With whatever toppings, really!)
    http://www.veganricha.com/2014/08/bb...pper-jack.html

Sweet Potato Falafel Burger
    http://www.connoisseurusveg.com/2015...l-burgers.html

'Better than Restaurant' Falafels
    https://minimalistbaker.com/better-t...n-gluten-free/

Black Bean Tacos
    http://showmetheyummy.com/vegan-blac...ed-corn-tacos/

Black Bean Couscous Salad
    My all-time, go-to vegan salad consists of black beans, couscous, carrots, cucumber, dried cranberries and almonds dressed in olive oil and white wine vinegar. So simple yet delish.

Mango Black Bean Quinoa Salad with olive oil, bit of sugar and lemon juice!

SNACKS
    Oat + Date Granola Bar (Please say you'll try this out! It's the BEST recipe EVER.)
    http://minimalistbaker.com/healthy-5-ingredient-granola-bars/

Raspberry Crumble Bars
    http://ohsheglows.com/2014/09/09/ras...n-gluten-free/

Almond Butter Cookies
    http://www.veganricha.com/2014/06/al...ies-vegan.html

Banana Cinnamon Rolls (Literally my favourite things after the oat/date granola bars)
    http://immaeatthat.com/2015/03/25/30...innamon-rolls/

Snickerdoodle Green Smoothie
    http://rabbitfoodformybunnyteeth.com...reen-smoothie/

Hazelnut Nutella Smoothie (Absolutely delicious smoothie! Though, I use almond milk instead of coco water)
    http://vegansparkles.com/2013/09/16/...ella-smoothie/

Almost all the recipes are proven and tasted by yours truly also. Hope this list gives you a few ideas!

ReputationRep:
    Well she asked me directly what I would buy. And seemed to assume that everyone with an eating disorder would eat the same things. She could find out what *I* would eat (right now, almost exclusively ice-cream) but that doesn't say what anyone else with an ED would want.

If vegan food was better than food made from animal products then everyone would eat it. It wouldn't be the alternative because people naturally go for what tastes best.

Also, I can't stand, falafel, hummus or pizza and garlic bread has butter in it so isn't 'coincindentally vegan'.

She asked what YOU would like to eat, recognising your disorder as part of your preference. If she had said "well what would an anorexic/bulimic eat" then I'd be inclined to agree that yeah, that's very ignorant of personal and individual needs and preferences of people with eating disorders.

You're being extremely rude and ignorant in terms of a vegan diet. You CAN make garlic bread without butter, you can get vegan spreads that can be substituted for butter. Aslo, taste is an extremely personal thing so to assume that your diet that does have meat in it is 'superior' and obviously better is again, ignorant. I find some meat substitutes taste better than actual meat, but then some people find meat tastes better than substitutes and that's fine. What isn't fine is how you have come on this thread make by a vegan to ask non-vegans what they'd like from vegan cuisine and have been very rude dismissive and inflammatory when all the original poster has asked for is information.
    I eat meat on and off but I would never come onto a thread like and assert that 'meat is better clearly'. This is a thread asking for feedback and you've be extremely rude dismissing her diet in such an insulting way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danishere)
    Hey girl!

First off, I love, love the fact that you're doing this at your uni. I'm phasing into veganism right now(currently a 'strict' vegetarian right now as I still eat honey and the rare dairy and eggs), and I just absolutely admire anyone who tries to promote veganism/healthy living into the lives of young people. Mainly because I think it's so hard to persuade young people these days into trying out veganism because of the whole stigma that turning vegan is only for for 'weird' health freaks and tree-huggers. So I love that you're doing this. I'm in uni too but there's hardly any vegan options in my cafeteria. There are vegetarian options sometimes but they're always loaded with cheese and dairy and whatnot. So maybe I can take inspiration from you and persuade my college cook to try out some vegan meals?!

Here are my answers:

1. One big reason that I think people might be put off from veganism is how expensive the lifestyle is. It's something I am struggling myself as a college student. I know that you can argue that being vegan can be relatively cheap(ie. a vegan diet consists of fruits, vegetables, beans and legumes – all of which are affordable), but I honestly don't think this is the case. What I think is that shopping vegan can be cheap and affordable–but only if you want your meals to taste meh/quite bland. I've experimented a lot with vegan cooking this summer –and still am!– and have discovered that to cook amazing, delicious meals, you need to spend a lot/get quite a lot of offbeat, relatively expensive ingredients such as flaxseed meal(which can get pretty expensive alright) and chia seeds. Maybe you might think differently on this statement, but this is what my experiences have led me to believe.

Another reason why I think people might not want to turn vegan is the low availability of vegan convenience stores or cafes around. I think if there are as much vegan convenience stores/cafes/restaurants around as much as there are non-vegan ones, it would be so much easier for people to try out and stick to veganism. It's so easy for someone who's busy and tight on time to just gorge out on junk food just because it's right around the corner from them. The problem is that there's not much vegan/vegetarian-focused supermarket/convenience store like WholeFoods around! I'm extremely jealous of Americans on this account.

So I guess by looking back at my responses, if I were a meat eater the only way you'd convince me to try veganism is by offering me cheap, affordable meals that I know I'd want to and be able to make in the future. It would be nice for your business to show customers that the vegan lifestyle is not for an exclusive group of people only, but for pretty much anyone. It's important to show that veganism can be accessible!! Hope this helps!

2. Oh god. I'm getting giddy thinking of the massive list I have in mind. Here are things that I would love to just be able to pick off the cafeteria in college:
    BREAKFAST
    Banana pancakes
    http://cookieandkate.com/2012/banana-oat-pancakes/

Oatmeal
    I don't think I can say anything more to this, hot oatmeals on a winter's day are the bomb! Preferably topped with lots of fresh fruit You can also try serving overnight oats, I prefer eating them on warmer days. Note that some people might not like the texture though(my sister, for example!)

Tofu Breakfast Burrito
    http://veggieandthebeastfeast.com/20...fast-burritos/
    I haven't tried this recipe out yet, but I just love the idea of grabbing a burrito if I'm feeling extra peckish in the morning!

LUNCH
    Spelt Pizza (With whatever toppings, really!)
    http://www.veganricha.com/2014/08/bb...pper-jack.html

Sweet Potato Falafel Burger
    http://www.connoisseurusveg.com/2015...l-burgers.html

'Better than Restaurant' Falafels
    https://minimalistbaker.com/better-t...n-gluten-free/

Black Bean Tacos
    http://showmetheyummy.com/vegan-blac...ed-corn-tacos/

Black Bean Couscous Salad
    My all-time, go-to vegan salad consists of black beans, couscous, carrots, cucumber, dried cranberries and almonds dressed in olive oil and white wine vinegar. So simple yet delish.

Mango Black Bean Quinoa Salad with olive oil, bit of sugar and lemon juice!
    SNACKS
    Oat + Date Granola Bar (Please say you'll try this out! It's the BEST recipe EVER.)
    http://minimalistbaker.com/healthy-5-ingredient-granola-bars/

Raspberry Crumble Bars
    http://ohsheglows.com/2014/09/09/ras...n-gluten-free/

Almond Butter Cookies
    http://www.veganricha.com/2014/06/al...ies-vegan.html

Banana Cinnamon Rolls (Literally my favourite things after the oat/date granola bars)
    http://immaeatthat.com/2015/03/25/30...innamon-rolls/

Snickerdoodle Green Smoothie
    http://rabbitfoodformybunnyteeth.com...reen-smoothie/

Hazelnut Nutella Smoothie (Absolutely delicious smoothie! Though, I use almond milk instead of coco water)
    http://vegansparkles.com/2013/09/16/...ella-smoothie/

Almost all the recipes are proven and tasted by yours truly also. Hope this list gives you a few ideas!
    Amazing, amazing, amazing! Thank you so much for taking so much time to write this. A lot of recipes in there I have my own versions of so it will be fun to mess around with them!

Thank goodness for open minded and altruistic people like you striving for a vegan lifestyle and carrying such energy with it - you seem so approachable!

It's extremely cheap to be vegan in Coventry because we have the local farmer's market, however there are plenty of dishes I know that are next to no money which perhaps you haven't tried out yet? Would you like any suggestions? It seems like you've done a lot of research but the time you took to help me I would like the opportunity to help back hehe!

Thanks again. I will note down all of your suggestions Hopefully this cafe will make veganism more convenient for people.

Also, check out my latest comments on other people's replies where I talk about a vegan project the university is funding me for because I would love your feedback on that as well!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 9, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.