Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How often do you see your bf/ gf Watch

My boyfriend and I are semi-long distance atm and see each other every other week (occasionally every week) but are together for a few days.

I like about 5 hours away from my bf and we see each other (or try to) every other weekend but he works and I'm in education and have a weekend job so it's a struggle but we make it work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Cutie pie :')
    Nothing cute about it tbh
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Every day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Nothing cute about it tbh
    I was calling you cute :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    In the first couple of years we would Skype, text, call or meet up all the time. As our relationship has progressed we see/ text etc less often
    I think I'm still at the stage where i want see him everyday but he really loves and values his space- from everyone.

I dont want to be a clingy girlfriend but it gets me down when he would rather spend time with his friends than me. I know its not healthy and Im trying to busy myself with other things but i miss him..

I suppose distance makes the heart grow fonder but in all honesty I'm worried it'll make him forget
    Why don't you tell him that you want to see him more often, not everyday but at least for a whole weekend rather than half a day every now and then? He might think that you are fine with how it is We see one another every weekend for a day and a half (depends if I'm working), but we were long distance for a year and only saw one another once every 3 months so we value the time we have together now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    I was calling you cute :erm:
    Oh in that case yes I'm pretty cute.. Le bf would agree with you

(Original post by purplelamp)
    Why don't you tell him that you want to see him more often, not everyday but at least for a whole weekend rather than half a day every now and then? He might think that you are fine with how it is We see one another every weekend for a day and a half (depends if I'm working), but we were long distance for a year and only saw one another once every 3 months so we value the time we have together now.
    I do but it makes him distance because he feels a bit suffocated in the relationship... I know space is a good thing because it allows us to do our own thing but I dont know how much is too much space :/ x

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22, he's 20.
    We live about 5 mins walk from each other.
    Been together 5 months.
    We chat everyday on facebook - not necessarily proper conversations, but we tend to have some kind of chat going all day while I'm at work and stuff.
    At the weekend we usually walk home together on Friday and I stay at his until Tuesday, then we'll maybe see each other one of the other evenings in between.
    At the moment with uni assessment we're spending more time apart but probably still 2-3 times a week.

But I've always been pretty clingy, and between working 40 hours a week, studying full time, and not knowing many people here anymore, i don't exactly have a social life that's competing for my time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I do but it makes him distance because he feels a bit suffocated in the relationship... I know space is a good thing because it allows us to do our own thing but I dont know how much is too much space :/ x
    Oh dear space is good yep, but not too much. Too much space varies couple to couple, for example we could get to 2 weeks and that would be too much now we are closer together.
    Is there a way you can see him one night during the week? I don't know your situation but maybe make one night every week a date night

ReputationRep:
    Like 0 times a year because he doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    At least 5 days a week

ReputationRep:
    Every day because we go to the same uni.

ReputationRep:
    Not enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    Not enough
    :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    :lovehug:
    :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    :erm:
    Not long now baby
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Been with him for six years now and we have lived together for the last 4 years so I've seen him daily since then but even before we moved into together, we pretty much saw each other daily as well. We haven't had more than a few days apart here and there tbh during our years together.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    Once a month now that I've moved to London. However he's going to stay with me for a few weeks before he starts his new job at possibly the furthest part of the UK from me but we'll keep aiming for once a month. We have a deal that in two years time we'll quit our jobs and find new ones in the same city
    Why in 2 years?

ReputationRep:
    Every day. Our halls are 5 minutes away from each other. And we go to the same uni.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 18, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.