The Student Room Group

Thumbs down on TSR

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mad Vlad
The reason for neg rep being removed is well documented and has been debated to death. Its removal has had an overall positive effect on the site.

Along with the abolition of the General Discussion forum, it's probably my greatest achievement during my tenure on the team.

hi vlad
I almost posted the truth about Mad Vlad.

I resisted because someone so pathetic with such an over-inflated ego is not worth my time arguing. Forget it, it's TSR. It's worthless.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Apologies to both of you for the quote-in. The odds of this being the reason negs were removed are quite high :frown: I don't wish to be disrespectful to his family.

What?!

Why on earth would that be the reason negs were removed? Seriously, that's an utterly stupid post.

(Assuming that by "high odds", you meant "likely".)
Original post by Chief Wiggum
What?!

Why on earth would that be the reason negs were removed? Seriously, that's an utterly stupid post.

(Assuming that by "high odds", you meant "likely".)

Bear said there was an 'incident' that you're not allowed to speak of it, I wasn't sure whether he was trolling or not, if he wasn't then it'd have to be something pretty serious e.g. bullying, suicide.
The Bear should be banned for trolling about suicide imo.

And Smash Bandicoot, you really are gullible as ****.
Original post by Ice Constricter
The Bear should be banned for trolling about suicide imo.

And Smash Bandicoot, you really are gullible as ****.

well considering I was banned for 3 months after there were threads comparing me to Elliot Rodger in 2014 on my old account, the situation doesn't seem implausible to me. :redface:
Lol at neg rep causing mass suicides. The return of neg reps would turn everyone into lemmings.

Original post by Friar Chris

I resisted because someone so pathetic with such an over-inflated ego is not worth my time arguing. Forget it, it's TSR. It's worthless.

What is the truth about him? Spread the gossip.
Original post by Friar Chris

And what truth is this?
Original post by Maid Marian
hi vlad

Marian :hat2:
Original post by thunder_chunky
Lol at neg rep causing mass suicides. The return of neg reps would turn everyone into lemmings.

His name isn't *actually* Vlad...
Original post by Blackacre

Mind blown.
Marian :hat2:

:blush: :blush: :blush:

I miss ya Vladdy :hugs:

I know his name :smug:
And what truth is this?

Original post by thunder_chunky

I know what the truth is! :teeth:

Spoiler

The reason for neg rep being removed is well documented and has been debated to death. Its removal has had an overall positive effect on the site.

Along with the abolition of the General Discussion forum, it's probably my greatest achievement during my tenure on the team.

I grudgingly have to admit that overall it is better without it. It sometimes sucks that there is no quick way to register protest about a particular post or thread, but that annoyance is outweighed by removal of all the childish negging and instant negging of opinions people didn't like, without saying why. :yep:

I also have it on good authority that he does not inhabit Castle Dracula.

if my name were Mad Vlad, this isn't the clarification I'd want made.

'People call me Syphilitic Steve, but my name's not *actually* Steve'.
Reply 56
No one actually answered my question
Original post by bahjat93
So i've been away from TSR for a while and i was just wondering, what happened to the Thumbs down system on TSR?
Why did they remove such an important feature?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2584251

The thread was linked somewhere on this thread.
Reply 58
Original post by SeanFM
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2584251

The thread was linked somewhere on this thread.

Ty for the link man, i saw it as a challenge to see how far in the RED i could go!
My aim was to be like the last sith lord, i guess that has come true since i'm the last guy with red next to his name:colone:
Original post by bahjat93
Ty for the link man, i saw it as a challenge to see how far in the RED i could go!
My aim was to be like the last sith lord, i guess that has come true since i'm the last guy with red next to his name:colone:

I am tempted to rep you :tongue: you have done well though.

Quick Reply

Latest