ReputationRep:
    Can some tell me the unofficial grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty123A)
    We basically wrote about the same things lol, I hope we get the marks
    yeah i hope so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enilorac)
    Did anyone explain the natural greenhouse effect for question 8 b and then go on to talk about human activities leading to the enhanced greenhouse effect?
    Wait question 8 was on the health issues topic wasn't it o.O?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by don pedro k.)
    wait question 8 was on the health issues topic wasn't it o.o?
    oh wait this is edexcel l0l i am aqa so sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sxxxxt)
    I found the question asking about what consumers could do apart from, buying local.

I mentioned:
    (a) Displaying food miles
    (b) Reducing packaging
    But could not think of anything else!
    Would growing your own food count? I put that and displaying the food miles, but I'm not too sure about the former...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roscuro)
    Would growing your own food count? I put that and displaying the food miles, but I'm not too sure about the former...
    I put showing food miles and taxing accordingly, recycled packaging and grass feeding/less machine or processed food
    Not sure about the last one though

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be like? As low as last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amansharma)
    I put showing food miles and taxing accordingly, recycled packaging and grass feeding/less machine or processed food
    Not sure about the last one though
    Ah, might only get half marks for that question then. Still, better than none!

ReputationRep:
    yep i did!
    i also talked about how natural processes would take years therefore wouldnt have an impact on me. for the human activities i talked aboutopulation growth, urbanisation, farming, travel, factories and deforestation

ReputationRep:
    I think I messed up a few of the early questions because I'm not that good with World at Risk, although I think all the going global Q's were really nice!
    If anyone did Question 9 what did you put for b)?
    I included EU, NAFTA, G8 G8+5 G20, OPEC and OECD - talked about trade bloc advantages, political alliances etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quinners7)
    Also for the 'name 2 short term natural causes of climate change' I originally put volcanic eruptions and solar output variations but then changed it right at the end because I didnt think they were actually short term- changed it to El Nino and La Nina but everyone else said that they put what I originally put- guess I lost out on 4 marks. Can you confirm? and condemn me to my doom
    i have no ideA I FOUND THAT QUESTION HARD. i left it till the end and said about warming temperatures and sea level rise which makes me sound really dumb (

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roscuro)
    Ah, might only get half marks for that question then. Still, better than none!
    Hmm yeah it was 3 marks, i included not genetically modified in my last one so that could be credible

ReputationRep:
    What did people right for the cause of high rainfall in the UK?

I put down Storm Serge and Hurricanes, was one the question I completely guessed ..

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember that question o_O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyG1)

I put down Storm Serge and Hurricanes, was one the question I completely guessed ..
    I thought is said something about what is caused by high rainfall????
    Floods, landslides??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyG1)

You have actually scared me. I don't remember that coming up. No, no. Can someone confirm this please?

ReputationRep:
    reading this thread makes me realise how many silly mistakes i've made and what i should have said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sxxxxt)
    You have actually scared me. I don't remember that coming up. No, no. Can someone confirm this please?
    It was worded differently, correct answer was landslides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStruders)
    I thought is said something about what is caused by high rainfall????
    Floods, landslides??
    Yeah i put floods and landslides too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaaatiiie)
    Yeah i put floods and landslides too!
    ;D

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.