Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStruders)
    I thought is said something about what is caused by high rainfall????
    Floods, landslides??
    You are completely right I just realised I completely misread the question :mad: easy two marks lost, hopefully won't effect the grade too much :/

ReputationRep:
    Was the question about economic impacts on Africa ask for reasons excluding agriculture?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else do question 10?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i found the exam not that bad, but im really worried because i rushed the 10 and 15 mark questions, only doing two paragraphs for each, but they were big paragraphs and i left alot of questions (probably like 13 marks) and i said id come to it later but i ran out of time, is it still possible that i can get an A or even a B!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiarax213)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Meeee.

ReputationRep:
    13 marks tends to be like half of what you can lose for an A so unless you don't lose too much across the rest then probably.

And quantity doesn't matter my friend once got 14/15 for writing 2 paragraphs so

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank God! :yep: let's hope we all get the marks we want. Some of the short answer questions were a bit dodgy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sxxxxt)
    Was the question about economic impacts on Africa ask for reasons excluding agriculture?
    Yes excluding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rkdavies)
    reading this thread makes me realise how many silly mistakes i've made and what i should have said
    Let's not scare ourselves any further

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The exam felt much easier than last year, although they may be because I've had another year of A2 study, I did question 8, although I don't think I wrote enough (only about 1.5/2 pages for each). The figure based questions were much nicer than last year, although I nearly made a mistake on the question about the 3 Junes with the highest rainfall. Hopefully it went ok and I don't have to stress so much about A2 exams to achieve an A overall.

ReputationRep:
    What did people get about the June rainfall graph? I think I got 60 and 1912..maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roscuro)
    Would growing your own food count? I put that and displaying the food miles, but I'm not too sure about the former...
    Organic growing, Carbon tax, Fair trade

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think the grade boundaries will be high? Or at least higher than last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiarax213)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TypicalAsian)
    Do you guys think the grade boundaries will be high? Or at least higher than last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats why I went here to see how people found it. Apparently section A was a bit dodgy for all of us

ReputationRep:
    have you guys started studying for unit 2? any predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStruders)
    I thought is said something about what is caused by high rainfall????
    Floods, landslides??
    I wrote flooding and crop failure, do you think i'll get a mark for the second answer?

ReputationRep:
    ^ no I'm pretty sure it said hazard.

So worried for unit 2. I hate unit 2 so much but then I will be done with stupid geography

ReputationRep:
    I'm also worried about unit 2. Anyone doing rebranding and coasts? ;p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottebagshaw)
    I'm also worried about unit 2. Anyone doing rebranding and coasts? ;p

yes i am! havent started revising yet.. any predictions on what will come up?

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.