Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottebagshaw)
    I'm also worried about unit 2. Anyone doing rebranding and coasts? ;p
    Yh i am!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2cool4scool)
    Completely bull****ted that one, put something like the locals may be too poor to buy the products + they rely heavily on exports and something else but I'm trying to forget it hahaha
    Same here I jut made stuff up, like eradication of foreign exports means higher competiton for common products at home, honestly don't even know, I was feeling so confident before I read this thread

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, did anyone do Q8 for the 10/15? I did it, its the climate change one. For the 10 marker I said how we need to use figure 8 strategies of mitigation to prevent global warming as it causes thermal expansion and then sea level rise. Then I said some other stuff but the main bulk of this point came down to sea level rise would affect China's economy and social welfare as the densest populations and factories, plus big cities are found here. So need to use xyz strategies as shown in fig 8 on a worldwide scale. My second point was that we need to mitigate against climate change because of the danger to our ecology, the extinction of predators such as Polar Bears (by 2040) because of ice caps melting etc etc could cause disruption to food chains, especially fish stocks. This affects our food consumption and what we can eat showing how the mitigation strategies are needed on a worldwide scale as shown in fig 8 and gave examples.

For 15 marker on human processes enhancing the greenhouse effect. I stated what GHE is and outlined the three of my causes. Said deforestation for cattle farming and homes, forests are carbon sinks, less photosynthesis so more carbon, greenhouse effect enhanced. Population is becoming more wealthy, more people can afford cars, the growth of Jaguar Land Rover group in China and India for example. Cars are putting more carbon into our atmosphere etc enhancing greenhouse effect. My third human process enhancing the greenhouse effect was globalisation and creation of global networks. Increases air travel and international trade. This burns fuels and pollutes our atmosphere with more carbon, hence causes greenhouse effect.

Is this kinda alright??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TypicalAsian)
    A little late but what did u guys say for population question about why the certain age group populations increased?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put the typical stuff about better healthcare and diets, etc leading to longer life expectancy and a rise in 60-70s but then I was stuck for the increase in 0-5year olds. I wrote something about immigrants usually being young and having more children, but i really don't know cause i thought birthrates had been decreasing

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please make an unofficial mark scheme, please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by climatechange101)
    Yh i am!!
    Yey another one! do you know how to structure a response for any of the questions ? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesmobols)
    Hey guys, did anyone do Q8 for the 10/15? I did it, its the climate change one. For the 10 marker I said how we need to use figure 8 strategies of mitigation to prevent global warming as it causes thermal expansion and then sea level rise. Then I said some other stuff but the main bulk of this point came down to sea level rise would affect China's economy and social welfare as the densest populations and factories, plus big cities are found here. So need to use xyz strategies as shown in fig 8 on a worldwide scale. My second point was that we need to mitigate against climate change because of the danger to our ecology, the extinction of predators such as Polar Bears (by 2040) because of ice caps melting etc etc could cause disruption to food chains, especially fish stocks. This affects our food consumption and what we can eat showing how the mitigation strategies are needed on a worldwide scale as shown in fig 8 and gave examples.

For 15 marker on human processes enhancing the greenhouse effect. I stated what GHE is and outlined the three of my causes. Said deforestation for cattle farming and homes, forests are carbon sinks, less photosynthesis so more carbon, greenhouse effect enhanced. Population is becoming more wealthy, more people can afford cars, the growth of Jaguar Land Rover group in China and India for example. Cars are putting more carbon into our atmosphere etc enhancing greenhouse effect. My third human process enhancing the greenhouse effect was globalisation and creation of global networks. Increases air travel and international trade. This burns fuels and pollutes our atmosphere with more carbon, hence causes greenhouse effect.

Is this kinda alright??
    Sounds about right mate, for the 10 marker I just said tipping point was being approached so we needed to change (probably should have stated the consequences of cc like you did ) then adaptation strategies weren't working and described all the strategies and why they're good therefore becoming more used- hopefully thats what they're looking for
    Then for 15 marker i wrote about more transport, homes needed=deforestation, increased methane from landfills and cattle, growth in NIC industry so more CO2 so I'm praying that'll be enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJAKE)
    I put the typical stuff about better healthcare and diets, etc leading to longer life expectancy and a rise in 60-70s but then I was stuck for the increase in 0-5year olds. I wrote something about immigrants usually being young and having more children, but i really don't know cause i thought birthrates had been decreasing
    I'm thinking decrease in infant mortality rates due to improved healthcare medicine etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJAKE)
    Sounds about right mate, for the 10 marker I just said tipping point was being approached so we needed to change (probably should have stated the consequences of cc like you did ) then adaptation strategies weren't working and described all the strategies and why they're good therefore becoming more used- hopefully thats what they're looking for
    Then for 15 marker i wrote about more transport, homes needed=deforestation, increased methane from landfills and cattle, growth in NIC industry so more CO2 so I'm praying that'll be enough

Sounds legitttt Can you remember the actual 10 mark question itself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MimiRuby)
    I'm thinking decrease in infant mortality rates due to improved healthcare medicine etc etc
    Ohhh yeah good shout wish I'd put that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MimiRuby)
    I put the post war baby boom, 1945 to 1955, those people are now falling into that age bracket today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesmobols)
    Sounds legitttt Can you remember the actual 10 mark question itself?
    Explain why mitigation schemes such as those shown in figure 8 are becoming more widespread (can't remember if it was explain, suggest,etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grammar12)
    If you could all message me your email address, I will send it to you, I can't attach it or send it here because the file is too large
    Hi - I have sent you a PM with my email. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could I have this please?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing "crowded coasts " and "rebranding" for unit 2?

How much is unit 2 worth of the final AS grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salma.k)

40%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salma.k)

yea im doing it! unit 2 is 40% of AS grade, as unit 1 is worth 60%
    btw do u have any predictions on what questions will come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJAKE)
    Explain why mitigation schemes such as those shown in figure 8 are becoming more widespread (can't remember if it was explain, suggest,etc)
    I think it was suggest

ReputationRep:
    What did you write for that question?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, haven't got time to read the previous discussions.. Just want to know how everyone found the paper? Since everyone in my class hated it, whereas i was the total opposite... Did anyone do question 10? And what did people write for the rising temperatures and decreasing rainfall question?

Cheers

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.