Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Just a notice to everyone who is messaging me for the UNIT 2 GEO2 notes. I have uploaded them to Get Revising to avoid having to email them over because nearly 70 people have asked so far, they are available at : http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/g...crowded_coasts

Reps are appreciated If you message me to send them over, apologies if I don't reply but I have exams too This way, you guys can get a good resource, and I don't have to send loads of emails

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2cool4scool)
    Sorry I'm a little late but what did people put for short term causes of climate change? I put volcanic eruptions which I'm pretty confident with but couldn't think of a second one so I just put El Niño/la Niña events??
    I wrote about sun spots and an example from when sulphur from volcanic eruptions cools the earth for a few years after
    El Nino and El Nina should be fine though! It is a short term cause of climate change, so don't worry

ReputationRep:
    guys how did you find the paper... I found the short questions kind of weird especially the first one

ReputationRep:
    Did people find the paper harder or easier than past papers? Trying to get a feel for grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJAKE)
    Did people find the paper harder or easier than past papers? Trying to get a feel for grade boundaries
    Hi, I'm an A2 student and resat this paper today, I've got to say it seemed a lot harder than last year, particularly with no globalisation 10 and 15 markers unless I misread? So I went for question 10 about migration, my second strongest area

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alunthomass)
    Hey guys, haven't got time to read the previous discussions.. Just want to know how everyone found the paper? Since everyone in my class hated it, whereas i was the total opposite... Did anyone do question 10? And what did people write for the rising temperatures and decreasing rainfall question?

Cheers
    Yep I did question 10, for a) I wrote about Poland and India and for b) I wrote about Poland and Spain.
    For warming temperatures I put they could grow crops which thrive in warmer climates eg bananas and for rainfall I said they could genetically modify their crops to be either halophytic or xerophytic

ReputationRep:
    I feel like it was harder than previous ones. Most people after the exam said they found it easier so *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2cool4scool)
    Yep I did question 10, for a) I wrote about Poland and India and for b) I wrote about Poland and Spain.
    For warming temperatures I put they could grow crops which thrive in warmer climates eg bananas and for rainfall I said they could genetically modify their crops to be either halophytic or xerophytic
    For question 10 b - what did you write about Poland?

ReputationRep:
    yeah for 10) A) i combined indian and pakistani people and talked about how their pressured into marrying women/men from pakistan, who then move to the uk. I also talked about poland, which is pretty simple. Also for nigeria i mentioned that some may be assylum seekers, it was pretty irrelevant but idcc.

For B i used the same examples, spain and poland. I didn't really understand the question tho, what were they asking?

ReputationRep:
    yeah for 10) A) i combined indian and pakistani people and talked about how their pressured into marrying women/men from pakistan, who then move to the uk. I also talked about poland, which is pretty simple. Also for nigeria i mentioned that some may be assylum seekers, it was pretty irrelevant but idcc.

For B i used the same examples, spain and poland. I didn't really understand the question tho, what were they asking?
    For B it was 2 host nation examples though wasn't it? So I wrote about UK to Spain and Poland to UK. I really hate post mortems though

ReputationRep:

I would be quite offended with your first point. You cannot suggest that the population has grown since 2001 to 2011 because people are "pressured into marrying women/men" What a **** and baseless sterotype. Oh my God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grammar12)
    Just a notice to everyone who is messaging me for the UNIT 2 GEO2 notes. I have uploaded them to Get Revising to avoid having to email them over because nearly 70 people have asked so far, they are available at : http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/g...crowded_coasts

Reps are appreciated If you message me to send them over, apologies if I don't reply but I have exams too This way, you guys can get a good resource, and I don't have to send loads of emails
    Do we have to pay ? can you upload them to this forum please?

ReputationRep:
    Ironically intelligent comment from you then!

ReputationRep:
    What was questions 10a and 10b as everyone seems to have done this, I want to know if this would have been a better choice

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottebagshaw)
    K

Knowing my look they will be ...
    but isn't there a 11 year cycle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty123A)
    What was questions 10a and 10b as everyone seems to have done this, I want to know if this would have been a better choice

Thanks
    Q10 - Human, migration
    a) Graph of migration patterns, had to explain reasons for variation
    b) 2 host countries - something like describe effects of migration to the host nations of your choice, possible structure could be positives and negatives

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick2810)
    Do we have to pay ? can you upload them to this forum please?
    I created my account for free so Im sure you can join without paying. I can't post them here because the file is too big

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sxxxxt)
    I would be quite offended with your first point. You cannot suggest that the population has grown since 2001 to 2011 because people are "pressured into marrying women/men" What a **** and baseless sterotype. Oh my God.
    Oh i'm sorry i didn't mean to come across like that. I swear to god i read that in the book or in my revision notes, so i just wrote anything and everything in the hope of getting marks.

ReputationRep:
    I created my account for free so Im sure you can join without paying. I can't post them here because the file is too big
    We need to pay, can you use a upload website? www.uppit.com ?

ReputationRep:

Can you put them on Mediafire? or even pastebin!

Poll
How are you feeling about your GCSE results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.