Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Unit 2 is mainly learning case studies right? so can bull**** your way through most of it probs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by climatechange101)
    OMG thank youuuu soo sosoo helpful! i really want an offer from exeter of lancaster <3 thank you so so much
    No problem, glad I could help and good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick2810)
    Unit 2 is mainly learning case studies right? so can bull**** your way through most of it probs?
    The fieldwork and research questions are worth 30 out of the 70 marks though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshh_C)
    The fieldwork and research questions are worth 30 out of the 70 marks though..
    but you use case studies in the other questions aswell (hello?) :aetsch::aetsch::aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryblossoms)
    Yes because they may be smiliar question that comes in the exam
    But who'd mark it?
    I seem to come up with similar points to the mark scheme most times but I guess it's the way I write it that's a problem :/

ReputationRep:
    to what extent can you lie about 'facts' and figures in case study questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by climatechange101)
    wait was that sarcastic?
    Nope it was genuine

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea of what i'm doing for unit 2 :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Micxael)
    I have no idea of what i'm doing for unit 2 :s

Neither do I .....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottebagshaw)
    Neither do I .....
    Argh! what topics are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Micxael)
    Argh! what topics are you doing?

Coasts and rebranding, what about you ?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody even do unequal spaces and extreme weather I feel like nobody does, so the questions may be relatively easy (in comparison to CC and RP) **IMPORTANT NOTE** anybody doing CC and RP, I was in the same position as you, literally had no idea about what to do for them, and literally payed no attention to my fieldwork and my Phys geography teacher doesn't teach, but the revision guide 'grammar12' posted on this thread SAVED me, I'm so confident about the exam now, anybody who wants the revision guide should look through this thread (where it's been posted multiple times) and print it and literally just go through every page with a highlighter , it's the best revision for unit 2, im honestly so grateful for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottebagshaw)
    Coasts and rebranding, what about you ?
    Coasts and unequal spaces

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an idea of what will come up for UNIT 2 Geographical investigations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty123A)
    to what extent can you lie about 'facts' and figures in case study questions?
    As long as statistics are believable, you can say pretty much anything. If you know the population of california is around 40 million, if you put 42 million, it doesnt matter, because you don't have to reference your statistics, you could have different data to someone else (or the data could be old etc) what they are looking for is detailed responses that meet the AOs.

My teachers are both examiners and they both say they don't care about if a student has lied about stats, (although one did say a student put the population of california was 500 million when asked why rapid population change can worsen hazards, although he didnt lose marks, he didnt get the mark for that point because the stat was ridiculous and didnt help his argument).

If its a local case study it really doesnt matter because the examiner is not going to research something about a local area just to prove a student wrong, they want to give you marks, not take them away.

ReputationRep:
    Doing rebranding and extreme weather, really worried what my timing will be like tomorrow! :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grammar12)
    As long as statistics are believable, you can say pretty much anything. If you know the population of california is around 40 million, if you put 42 million, it doesnt matter, because you don't have to reference your statistics, you could have different data to someone else (or the data could be old etc) what they are looking for is detailed responses that meet the AOs.

My teachers are both examiners and they both say they don't care about if a student has lied about stats, (although one did say a student put the population of california was 500 million when asked why rapid population change can worsen hazards, although he didnt lose marks, he didnt get the mark for that point because the stat was ridiculous and didnt help his argument).

If its a local case study it really doesnt matter because the examiner is not going to research something about a local area just to prove a student wrong, they want to give you marks, not take them away.
    Thank you! This has greatly boosted my confidence )

ReputationRep:
    I am finding the fieldwork and research questions for rebranding and extreme weather really hard I can never get past 9/15 vdoes anybody have any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neelamakhtar123)
    I am finding the fieldwork and research questions for rebranding and extreme weather really hard I can never get past 9/15 vdoes anybody have any advice?
    UMS is your best friend, 9/15 is a good mark, with UMS it should be a high B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neelamakhtar123)
    use examiner report give you an example of how to write a very good answer, try copy the format. Try to do 3 methods for fieldwork and 3 for research and try to relate to the question focus.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.