Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Who else is doing Astronomy? Any last minute revision tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkstarfish)
    Who else is doing Astronomy? Any last minute revision tips?
    Hey I am doing the exam this coming Friday and I am really scared. How is your revision going and coursework!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Castro300)
    Hey I am doing the exam this coming Friday and I am really scared. How is your revision going and coursework!!!!

I'm so scared, just cramming past paper material because it repeats so much (really useful tip btw, if you have past paper mark schemes memorise the mark schemes ) coursework was pretty good, did A6 and B11 and I got 37/40 wbu?

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I got a b in my course work

ReputationRep:
    I'm so scared, just cramming past paper material because it repeats so much (really useful tip btw, if you have past paper mark schemes memorise the mark schemes ) coursework was pretty good, did A6 and B11 and I got 37/40 wbu?

Good luck!
    Yeah thanks, yeah same i am doing all the past papers, and wow, 37/40 thats amazing. My coursework deadline is wednesday so still doing it. I got an A* on one of the past papers and got A* in the mock in january. If anything, coursework is gonna bring me down.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thanks, yeah same i am doing all the past papers, and wow, 37/40 thats amazing. My coursework deadline is wednesday so still doing it. I got an A* on one of the past papers and got A* in the mock in january. If anything, coursework is gonna bring me down.
    My test will bring me down

ReputationRep:
    Wow, well done! Hope coursework went well, actually the exam accounts for quite a lot so even if you don't do that well in your coursework if you get A*s in past papers and stuff you should be fine, especially if you had content finished in January?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bashed)
    I got a b in my course work
    Well done, I know someone who got a high A* because she got a lowish B in coursework but 100% in the exam...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I found the exam really hard though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bashed)
    Thanks I found the exam really hard though
    I agree, I felt it was really unfair in some cases and I had planned to get an A/A*. Hopefully, if they realise that everyone hasn't done as good as they'd hoped, they may lower the grade boundaries and be a bit more generous (something they weren't for the exam!).
    P.S. If anyone you know has a spare paper, it would be greatly appreciated if you could post an unofficial mark scheme. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I thought the exam was pretty hard; it was ok but definitely harder than previous years, I think they are getting harder each year! Hopefully they'll lower the grade boundaries because I found last year's paper easier than this one...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I thought the exam was pretty hard; it was ok but definitely harder than previous years, I think they are getting harder each year! Hopefully they'll lower the grade boundaries because I found last year's paper easier than this one...
    yeah same, I felt doing all the past papers had not come in handy as I had planned it to be. I felt it went ok, but some questions threw me off. It was definitely more challenging. ii felt that there was more common sense and maths questions involved, supposed to knowing mark schemes and knowledge. How did everyone else find the paper???

ReputationRep:
    i got a A...

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.