Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Interested on your opnion about this video.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    So in the society forums I've seen a lot of different issues being raised, which I think is awesome.

I'm just wondering why no one has brought up one of the WORST things to happen on this planet.

Please watch the video guys, just atleast 30 minutes. Its such an important issue that needs to be addressed, and by ignoring it, it will just continue.

ReputationRep:
    I have seen these kind of documentaries over and over and the agriculture sections are simply to irrelevant in the UK. The farming standards here are far beyond even our European neighbours. In fact we have some of the highest standards for animal welfare in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I have seen these kind of documentaries over and over and the agriculture sections are simply to irrelevant in the UK. The farming standards here are far beyond even our European neighbours. In fact we have some of the highest standards for animal welfare in the world.
    You've never been to one of these factory farms have you... You would not be saying stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daydreamer4life)
    You've never been to one of these factory farms have you... You would not be saying stuff like that.
    I have been on factory farms in the UK and the standards are actually better than your average farmer because they are much more heavily scrutinised by the general public.

ReputationRep:
    I have been on factory farms in the UK and the standards are actually better than your average farmer because they are much more heavily scrutinised by the general public.
    There is no "better". So-called standards and humane killings are a joke.

By definition alone, slaughter and slavery are radically cruel and can never be humane even if animals live on free-range/freedom/organic/cage-free/antibiotic-free/hormone-free/grass-fed/local farms, or are murdered with a 'knife and a prayer' in accordance with ancient religious blood-draining customs.
    If animals go into slaughterhouses alive and come out chopped up into hundreds of pieces, how could anyone claim that they aren't being mistreated, abused, tortured and terrorized?

ReputationRep:
    There is no "better". So-called standards and humane killings are a joke.

By definition alone, slaughter and slavery are radically cruel and can never be humane even if animals live on free-range/freedom/organic/cage-free/antibiotic-free/hormone-free/grass-fed/local farms, or are murdered with a 'knife and a prayer' in accordance with ancient religious blood-draining customs.
    If animals go into slaughterhouses alive and come out chopped up into hundreds of pieces, how could anyone claim that they aren't being mistreated, abused, tortured and terrorized?
    Before this conversation goes any further. You need to look up the definition of murder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Before this conversation goes any further. You need to look up the definition of murder.

If being "politically correct" is your biggest concern, then there is no point in discussing the topic further with you.

Whether it's murder or kill, you are still taking the life of someone who doesn't want to die.

Victimizers and oppressors always deny that victims suffer, feel pain or are intelligent.
    This allows enslavement and killing(I would use the term murder but I'm going to use terminology you might actually comprehend) do happen nonchalantly and guilt-free.
    The victimizers' mind-set goes like this: "You don't count because you're stupid. You don't matter because you're dumb. I laugh at your suffering. I'll kill you when I want to. I'll sell you and your family. You're worthless. You don't think the way I do. Prove to me why I should be kind to you. Prove to me that you deserve to be free."

So even though victims always look and act differently from each other ( lobsters, cows, pigs, blacks, women, Christians, Muslims, Jews, witches, Gypsies, Rwandans, etc.), they've suffered equally because of the victimizers' mind-set.

It's so trite that a few people with common sense have to continually explain why the majority of people shouldn't be enslaving and killing (murdering) innocents en masse.
    This bothers me: Why do oppressors think they're more important than THE OPPRESSED? Why do tormentors believe they're more important than THE TORMENTED? What kind of sociopath thinks killers(murderers) are more important than THE KILLED (MURDERED)?

ReputationRep:
    If being "politically correct" is your biggest concern, then there is no point in discussing the topic further with you.

Whether it's murder or kill, you are still taking the life of someone who doesn't want to die.

Victimizers and oppressors always deny that victims suffer, feel pain or are intelligent.
    This allows enslavement and killing(I would use the term murder but I'm going to use terminology you might actually comprehend) do happen nonchalantly and guilt-free.
    The victimizers' mind-set goes like this: "You don't count because you're stupid. You don't matter because you're dumb. I laugh at your suffering. I'll kill you when I want to. I'll sell you and your family. You're worthless. You don't think the way I do. Prove to me why I should be kind to you. Prove to me that you deserve to be free."

So even though victims always look and act differently from each other ( lobsters, cows, pigs, blacks, women, Christians, Muslims, Jews, witches, Gypsies, Rwandans, etc.), they've suffered equally because of the victimizers' mind-set.

It's so trite that a few people with common sense have to continually explain why the majority of people shouldn't be enslaving and killing (murdering) innocents en masse.
    This bothers me: Why do oppressors think they're more important than THE OPPRESSED? Why do tormentors believe they're more important than THE TORMENTED? What kind of sociopath thinks killers(murderers) are more important than THE KILLED (MURDERED)?
    Murder can only be committed by a human on another human.

There is no point trying to preach to me. I both support UK agricultural and I am a keen hunter whether it be on horseback or with a rifle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So in the society forums I've seen a lot of different issues being raised, which I think is awesome.

I'm just wondering why no one has brought up one of the WORST things to happen on this planet.

Please watch the video guys, just atleast 30 minutes. Its such an important issue that needs to be addressed, and by ignoring it, it will just continue.
    Treating animals badly is hardly the worst thing in the world

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    Treating animals badly is hardly the worst thing in the world

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where on earth did I say it's THE worst?

Then you're a speciest aren't you. Humans ARE animals.

If you have a dog or a cat you don't want them to be mistreated do you? Well all OTHER animals feel the same way as your pet, clever-clogs. Sorry you don't seem to understand that.

ReputationRep:
    Murder can only be committed by a human on another human.

There is no point trying to preach to me. I both support UK agricultural and I am a keen hunter whether it be on horseback or with a rifle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes indeed. You do seem a lost cause. Killing for sport is even worse because you're being selfish. You don't hunt for food to survive. You hunt for the thrill of the kill. To receive a "rush". A super-shot of adrenaline. It's bloodlust and dominance. It's arrogance and selfishness. It's hatred and brutality. It's dishonor and viciousness. It's just plain obscene.

I bet you support the badger and fox cull too :rolleyes:

Anyway, if you don't want my opinion, Don't get into a discussion with me.

ReputationRep:
    Yes indeed. You do seem a lost cause. Killing for sport is even worse because you're being selfish. You don't hunt for food to survive. You hunt for the thrill of the kill. To receive a "rush". A super-shot of adrenaline. It's bloodlust and dominance. It's arrogance and selfishness. It's hatred and brutality. It's dishonor and viciousness. It's just plain obscene.

I bet you support the badger and fox cull too :rolleyes:

Anyway, if you don't want my opinion, Don't get into a discussion with me.
    I do indeed support the badger and fox culls.

You were the one that wanted my opinion, I never asked for yours.

ReputationRep:
    I do indeed support the badger and fox culls.

You were the one that wanted my opinion, I never asked for yours.
    Exactly my point. I wanted an opinion, but you chose to stay for mine, all so that you can label it as preaching.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly my point. I wanted an opinion, but you chose to stay for mine, all so that you can label it as preaching.
    It is preaching.

Preaching - to earnestly advocate (a belief or course of action).

ReputationRep:
    It is preaching.

Preaching - to earnestly advocate (a belief or course of action).
    Its not preaching if the people bait you to break out. Because lets be honest, you could have stopped after you'd shared your opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Its not preaching if the people bait you to break out. Because lets be honest, you could have stopped after you'd shared your opinion.
    I could stop any time I like, I just wanted to see how extreme your views really are.

ReputationRep:
    I could stop any time I like, I just wanted to see how extreme your views really are.
    Oh right, so not wanting to kill and torture animals is really extreme. Oh how inconsiderate of me.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, so not wanting to kill and torture animals is really extreme. Oh how inconsiderate of me.
    No, but the way you word it is.

ReputationRep:
    No, but the way you word it is.
    Why is my wording extreme? I'm curious

ReputationRep:
    Where on earth did I say it's THE worst?

Then you're a speciest aren't you. Humans ARE animals.

If you have a dog or a cat you don't want them to be mistreated do you? Well all OTHER animals feel the same way as your pet, clever-clogs. Sorry you don't seem to understand that.
    My mistake you actually said 'one of the worst'.

No I'm not 'speciest' because that isn't s thing.

I think it's stupid to be cruel to animal for no reason unless it's a fox, badger or any of a few other types of animals

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.