The Student Room Group

Re exam tomorrow... Any tips???

I have my RE exam tomorrow... Unit 2 Christianity.. Any tips?
Revision methods
Analysis of past papers
What's most likely to come up?

Scroll to see replies

I am doing Unit 1 tomorrow. What I have done is just learn everything, and do past paper questions.

Before the exam make sure you know how to structure your answers and how much time to spend on each question. Also read the examiner reports after you have done a past paper. My RE teacher said that past paper questions will likely come up but will just be differently worded.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by SuperHuman98
I am doing Unit 1 tomorrow. What I have done is just learn everything, and do past paper questions.

Before the exam make sure you know how to structure your answers and how much time to spend on each question. Also read the examiner reports after you have done a past paper. My RE teacher said that past paper questions will likely come up but will just be differently worded.

Yeah my teacher has given us past papers with mark schemes and one of them with an examiner report. She also said to learn all the key words because the rest of the question usually relates to it.
Thanks and Good Luck
Reply 3
Original post by SuperHuman98

Thats good advice! :smile: will also do in my exam as I am doing the U 1 exam. What topics have you selected :cool:?
keep calm and luck at ur past papers where have you gone wrong and why?that could be your struggling point and just skim through your notes and read aloud,it sticks in ur head.you will be fine and im sure you will get awesome grades!best of luck and lots of love!:wink::h:
If you're having trouble writing part E answers then try using the structure of SONIC.
Some Christians
Other Christians
Non Christians
I think
Conclusion
Helps you get at least 10/12
Reply 6
Original post by skhan99
keep calm and luck at ur past papers where have you gone wrong and why?that could be your struggling point and just skim through your notes and read aloud,it sticks in ur head.you will be fine and im sure you will get awesome grades!best of luck and lots of love!:wink::h:

Awww that just touched me!! So sweet of u.... :smile: thanks!! Keep me in your prayers!!!
Original post by Ash Kay
Awww that just touched me!! So sweet of u.... :smile: thanks!! Keep me in your prayers!!!

aww im glad it did keep calm and cool and dont sweat!!!!:tongue:thats wat happened to me in my mocks so god knows wat ill be like in real...god!
dont u worry ill remember you dearly:biggrin:
i dont have exams but remember me too anyways!!! xxx
Reply 8
Original post by skhan99
aww im glad it did keep calm and cool and dont sweat!!!!:tongue:thats wat happened to me in my mocks so god knows wat ill be like in real...god!
dont u worry ill remember you dearly:biggrin:
i dont have exams but remember me too anyways!!! xxx

Will do!! Insha Allah (God Willing) we will botj get the grades we want!
When I was younger my friend and I made up this thing:
Panic is painful
Don't be scared Don't be scared
Panic is petrifying
Original post by Ash Kay
Panic is painful
Panic is petrifying

haha I like that and inshallah and ameen!!!!don't worry me and you both god will be there for u!:smile:
Original post by Ash Kay
Panic is painful
Panic is petrifying

oh and let me no how it goes!!!
Hi,

Anyone on here doing the Edexcel R.S exam tomorrow?
If so, can you please explain how you structure the 8 marker and 6 marker?

Thanks
Reply 12
Original post by Diligence
Hi,

Anyone on here doing the Edexcel R.S exam tomorrow?
If so, can you please explain how you structure the 8 marker and 6 marker?

Thanks

For the 8 marker... My teacher said to give 4 points and explain them which will give 8 marks. Include your opinion briefly and also give relevant quotes and examples. She said to do 5 just incase one is wrong
I havent seen 6 mark questions on the re paper... its 2, 3, 4, or 8 marks
Unless youre referring to the two 3 mark questions as 6 markers??
Original post by Lucycompton
If you're having trouble writing part E answers then try using the structure of SONIC.
Some Christians
Other Christians
Non Christians
I think
Conclusion
Helps you get at least 10/12

This is really helpful ... but i thought that you had to include a different religion and an atheist view
Original post by Ash Kay
For the 8 marker... My teacher said to give 4 points and explain them which will give 8 marks. Include your opinion briefly and also give relevant quotes and examples. She said to do 5 just incase one is wrong
I havent seen 6 mark questions on the re paper... its 2, 3, 4, or 8 marks
Unless youre referring to the two 3 mark questions as 6 markers??

Yeah, how would you structure the two 3 mark questions? Also how many sentences should each paragraph for the 8 marker be provided that you're doing 4 reasons. And finally do you lose marks if you don't use any quotes and for the 8 marker do you have to refer to the religion?

Thanks!
Original post by Ash Kay
I have my RE exam tomorrow... Unit 2 Christianity.. Any tips?
Revision methods
Analysis of past papers
What's most likely to come up?

Make sure to elaborate your points. Give different points of views and make sure to write something down for every question, even if you dont know the answer!
is it just me that struggles more on the community cohesion section than any other part of u it 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
when you see a question and you're like wtf, calm down, plan your points first and remember all your points don't have to link to Christianity. also sometimes the points can be sooo simple, it doesn't have to be sophisticated at all. e.g when its like how might a Christian prepare for a wedding, it could be simple as get a wedding dress (for two marks ect). and remember the whole country is doing it so different levels of points will be made. just go and do your best :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Diligence
Yeah, how would you structure the two 3 mark questions? Also how many sentences should each paragraph for the 8 marker be provided that you're doing 4 reasons. And finally do you lose marks if you don't use any quotes and for the 8 marker do you have to refer to the religion?

Thanks!

For the 3 markers, you get 3 marks for either giving a fully developed reason with quotes or 2 reasons with explanations or 3 brief reasons. I think the best way is to give 2 reasons with explanations for the 3 markers.
For the 8 marker... you will need about 4 paragraphs if you give 4 reasons.. 1 paragraph for each reason. Its not necessary to give a quote for every reason but it might be good just to even paraphrase and say "in the Bible God says......" just for the extra credits. Referring to the religion... depending on the question... you have to decide but it makes more sense referring to a religion since it is an re exam.
Reply 19
Original post by suudsioee
Make sure to elaborate your points. Give different points of views and make sure to write something down for every question, even if you dont know the answer!
Thanks!! I will do that! Are the examinera generous or are they very strict like will they award marks if the answer makes sense or is it all strictly from the mark scheme?
T

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending