Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Who else thought they did well today ?...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendell98)
    I don't know the UMS boundaries but apparently around 90% is A*, around 80% is A, 70% is B and so on (down to like 40% is E). That said I wouldn't be surprised if that's a little higher than the actual boundaried bc our school likes giving us high grade boundaries
    These are the grade boundaries, not the UMS boundaries. Thanks anyway.

(Original post by rumana101)
    Ive always got an A* all the way through the 2 year course and full marks in the past paper questions. I put Christians agree with the statement as they worship through charity work etc.. enables evangelism and promotes peace and understanding about Christianity which avoids prejudice and discrimination. Dunno if thats right tho..
    I did the wjec paper today too! honestly my hand hurts so much I had to go onto extra 4 sides of a4 paper. Anyways, I thought the exam was actually quite hard this time but maybe because i was ill and couldn't concentrate as much. I didn't finish the exam as I still had to finish answering the first 8 mark question about marriages in a place of worship. For the public and private worship one I basically put what you said about how Christians can publicly worship (jehovah witnesses who evangelise). The religion in the media question was really hard, i've never seen that come up on a paper but idk. I really hope the grade boundaries aren't too high as it went from a 79/101 being an A* to 82/101 being an A*. Oh and what did you put for the vocation question, couldn't seemed to think of a thing for that one - just said about Mother Teresa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy1499)
    Who else thought they did well today ?... Posted from TSR Mobile
    me, I think I did great, well I hope I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxskaan)
    I did the wjec paper today too! honestly my hand hurts so much I had to go onto extra 4 sides of a4 paper. Anyways, I thought the exam was actually quite hard this time but maybe because i was ill and couldn't concentrate as much. I didn't finish the exam as I still had to finish answering the first 8 mark question about marriages in a place of worship. For the public and private worship one I basically put what you said about how Christians can publicly worship (jehovah witnesses who evangelise). The religion in the media question was really hard, i've never seen that come up on a paper but idk. I really hope the grade boundaries aren't too high as it went from a 79/101 being an A* to 82/101 being an A*. Oh and what did you put for the vocation question, couldn't seemed to think of a thing for that one - just said about Mother Teresa.
    aww, aha get well soon, I put about Dorothy Day who was a Christian individual who set up catholic workers movement through the media inspired by the parable of the sheep and goats etc... I thought that question fairly okay. I think i did the vocation one wrong though because the question asked for why might influence a view on vocation and i put down things christians would do e.g.. become chaste in order to devote time to worship.

ReputationRep:
    as for time i finished half an hour early, probably because i was writing really fast in the first hour of the exam.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the Edexcel Unit 1 paper today was quite nice. Not too many questions when you have to refer to a religion other than Christianity (for us that was Islam) which always helps. I think that there's some verses from the Bible that you can put into most topics, like John 3: 16 (For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life.) I actually managed to get Hebrews 13: 8 (Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever) in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatesauce)
    me, im doing past papers right now and they seem to vary, im gonna use imagodei, love thy neighbour and pauls teachings for pretty much everything lol

Hi chocolatesauce :P how did your r.s exams go ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinna21)
    Hi chocolatesauce :P how did your r.s exams go ??
    Hello, it went ok, the 12 marks weren't that hard and at least they were worded nicely. Some questions I had to think twice about but I managed to remember the quotes what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Well being 100% honest.... I started RE gcse about 1 month ago and completed 3 units (did an extra one) in 2 weeks during easter. I'm praying to get the top marks. I don't want to discuss the paper or questions... gonna wait till results day

ReputationRep:
    Hello, it went ok, the 12 marks weren't that hard and at least they were worded nicely. Some questions I had to think twice about but I managed to remember the quotes what about you?

Thats great & mee too I think i did really well in Ethics 1 im hoping for A/A* & ethics 2 not so well so maybe B but yeah the 12 marks were pretty easy& yeah I had think twice about this one question it wass like how do christians respond & then I remember the word RESPOND which basically means what they would do & do you know one of the first question it was about how are Christian beliefs shown in marraige (im assuming you did Christianity) what did you write because I just wrote about the rings, wedding vows hymnns etc & my friend wrote about something else but most people wrote about the ceremony what did you do ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinna21)
    Thats great & mee too I think i did really well in Ethics 1 im hoping for A/A* & ethics 2 not so well so maybe B but yeah the 12 marks were pretty easy& yeah I had think twice about this one question it wass like how do christians respond & then I remember the word RESPOND which basically means what they would do & do you know one of the first question it was about how are Christian beliefs shown in marraige (im assuming you did Christianity) what did you write because I just wrote about the rings, wedding vows hymnns etc & my friend wrote about something else but most people wrote about the ceremony what did you do ?
    I wrote that it is sacrament and done in the presence of god, I backed it up with the quote from the vows where its like we are here today in the presence of god, the father blah blah and the quote where its like a chord with three strings is stronger than one (god is the third strand) also that marriage is blessed by Jesus when the minister talks about in the preface about his first miracle at the wedding of cana. also that god wants man and woman to come together and unite for eternity so the ring and in the vows till death do us apart and also the quote where its like the man leaves his father and mother to unite with his wife and the two shall become one flesh. also the roman catholics believe the purpose of marriage is to reproduce "go forth and multiply" its also backed up when the minister asks are ready to accept children lovingly from God and bring them up according to the law of Christ and the church

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash Kay)
    I have my RE exam tomorrow... Unit 2 Christianity.. Any tips?
    Revision methods
    Analysis of past papers
    What's most likely to come up?
    Always remember
    > Bible - Word of god
    > Jesus - Exemplar
    > St Paul - Authority
    > Church - Authority

C question - remember to have an opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Vocation I'm told is a duty to God you dedicate your life for a cause. Also that seems really low in fact I think I got the A* but it is only 50% of total grade..

(Original post by DaringDaniel)
    Vocation I'm told is a duty to God you dedicate your life for a cause. Also that seems really low in fact I think I got the A* but it is only 50% of total grade..
    Oh okay that makes sense, yes the grade boundaries seem low but not as low as previous years 2011 being 75 for an A*, i hope it doesn't increase so rapidly, anything above 85 and that would be quite risky for me personally. Yeah this paper is only 50% still got another one to go in 3 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibrahim24)
    oh sh**... ur right....well there goes my A*
    RE has such harsh boundaries... :/ hope for the best

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a H&SC exam tomorrow by any chance UNIT 1?

ReputationRep:
    theres an 8 mark question? do you do ocr?
    Edexcel. each paper is 4 units, each unit has 4 questions, worth 2,4,8 and 6 marks in order.

ReputationRep:
    Who thought that unit 8 exam was hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ethan dube)
    Who thought that unit 8 exam was hard
    Yeah it was so hard!

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.