Turn on thread page Beta

Photo editing software of choice? watch

ReputationRep:
    Heya, ive been using Adobe elements 10 since it came out, and was wondering if it is time to update my software, or go with something completely new!
    Reason i ask is because ive been using my old laptop only for photo editing for about a year now and i want to get something on my new laptop. the free program GIMP has been reccomended to me by friends, is it a good program that offers basics?
    Any and all help appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    GIMP offers some good basic editing features, but if you're used to Elements I would advise sticking with it. I happen to think Elements is a very good version of PS, though some would disagree.

ReputationRep:
    I use lightroom. Its good enough for me. Depends what you need from the software really.

ReputationRep:
    GIMP is free but pretty feature packed.

Photoshop is paid and as a result you get all the features you would ever need with the benefit of direct customer support.

Paint is actually surprisingly good for basic image manipulation.

I use GIMP myself.

ReputationRep:
    I thing photoshop elements is good for basic retouching, editing. If you want more control definetly you want to upgrade to photoshop + lightroom ( the most used) . I sugest these two because you will find the most tutorials, so it will be easyear to learn and there are powerfull to.

ReputationRep:
    I use Lightroom and Photoshop. I was using Aperture before, but I'm very happy with the upgrade to Adobe.

ReputationRep:
    Used to stake my life on lightzone and gimp when i was on windows, now over to mac, still experimenting the options available instead of those two

ReputationRep:
    I have been using LR 5 and PS CS6 for some time, then had to drop PS for cost reasons, so now I am mostly using LR 6 and sometimes GIMP (mostly for exposure blending). GIMP is less efficient than PS, I particularly noticed this when trying to make selections. It also only supports 8 bit as of now (they have been working on 14 bit for years and it's still not clear when it will be implemented), and I don't particularly like throwing away image data
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I use Adobe Photoshop CS6, which is amazing and has a lot of features .
    I'm not too sure what additional features Adobe Photoshop CC has to offer :ninja:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I use Adobe Photoshop CS6, which is amazing and has a lot of features .
    I'm not too sure what additional features Adobe Photoshop CC has to offer :ninja:.
    ditto

ReputationRep:
    On my phone, snapseed.

ReputationRep:
    I've always used Photoshop. It's far more flexible than anything else I've used, and has alot more support.

ReputationRep:
    ms paint, bmt
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by donutellme)
    I've always used Photoshop. It's far more flexible than anything else I've used, and has alot more support.
    Which version of Photoshop do you use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Which version of Photoshop do you use?
    CS6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    ms paint, bmt
    Name:  hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  39.0 KB

Upon googling it, hmm... :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DylanJ42)
    Name:  hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  39.0 KB

Upon googling it, hmm... :laugh:
    U know it G. if man sees chicken cottage en route, man gotta stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    U know it G. if man sees chicken cottage en route, man gotta stop.
    But then surely bmt wouldn't have a time limit of one hour! :unimpressed: What type of monster would want to rush a man and his delicious chicken dinner?

ReputationRep:
    Lightroom for me.

ReputationRep:
    Photoshop CC 2015. I subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud for work purposes, but couldn't be without it now. The student discount's very nice and makes a huge difference. I used to pay about £45/month, and now I'm sure it's less than £20/month. I can't remember the last day when I didn't use at least Photoshop or Illustrator for something.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.