Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Re: Having lots of ethnic minority MPs is NOT good Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)
    How does ethnicity imply culture?

Your thread is directed at "ethnic minority MPs", not "MPs whom do not associate with British culture". Do you understand how this can lead to one believing you discriminate based purely on ethnicity, when in fact you are more of a cultural supremacist than a racist (as one would 'imply' from your reply)?
    Because "ethnic minorities" typically come from different countries.... which have different cultures.....

Cultural supremacist? Do you realise what an idiot you sound? Let me phrase what you're saying:

Anybody who does not appreciate their own culture from being displaced is a cultural supremacist.....

Now see why?

ReputationRep:
    You said the majority of immigrants benefit the UK. That isn't what your sources prove..... they just show if you add up all contributions and all costs, the contributions are higher.

Why do you think I told you to tread carefully?

So again, can you please show me proof the majority of immigrants benefit the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    Because "ethnic minorities" typically come from different countries.... which have different cultures.....
    Erm, what of those born in England? Do you class white Europeans as ethnic minorities?

Cultural supremacist? Do you realise what an idiot you sound? Let me phrase what you're saying:

Anybody who does not appreciate their own culture from being displaced is a cultural supremacist.....

You clearly believe in the supremacy of your culture, if not you wouldn't have a problem with it being replaced. There's nothing inherently 'wrong' with cultural supremacism.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, what of those born in England? Do you class white Europeans as ethnic minorities?

[/i]
    You clearly believe in the supremacy of your culture, if not you wouldn't have a problem with it being replaced. There's nothing inherently 'wrong' with cultural supremacism.
    "supremacist" is a derogatory term, used to imply extremist.

Supremacism is the world view that a particular age, race, species, ethnic group, religion, gender, class, belief system or culture is superior to others and entitles those who identify with it to dominate, control or rule those who do not.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supremacism

ReputationRep:
    What people are/where they originate isnt the problem, what they believe in, is.....

ReputationRep:
    "supremacist" is a derogatory term, used to imply extremist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supremacism
    I disagree with the second part of that definition (non-sequitur). Using my definition, would you now agree you are a cultural supremacist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    2011 census data showed that immigrants were 45% less likely to claim benefits.

Between 2001 and 2011, European Economic Area (EEA) immigrants contributed 34% more to the fiscal system than they took out, equivalent to a net contribution of around 22 billion GBP.

This is census data, which you are free to look up. Obvs not majority of immigrants, but seeing how Eastern Europen immigrants have been a 'concern'.
    You seem to have a problem with English. You said:

Majority of immigrant benefit us anyway
    So I would like you to show me evidence that the majority of immigrants benefit us? What you have shown does not show this, it shows something different.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with the second part of that definition (non-sequitur). Using my definition, would you now agree you are a cultural supremacist?
    I'm not ranking cultures, I am saying Britain should not be importing additional cultures.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So I would like you to show me evidence that the majority of immigrants benefit us? What you have shown does not show this, it shows something different.
    Evidence? I think I got evidence that immigrants have benefited us. 'After WW2 Britain was in s***, they opened the borders for people of the empire to come in to Britain to get jobs and fuel Britain again'. Not the exact words but it is similar to the post that you previously made.

You seriously need to answer my question in my previous post or you are going to be labelled as Islamophobic.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not ranking cultures, I am saying Britain should not be importing additional cultures.
    But my point was that you wouldn't be against the superseding of one culture by another if you didn't believe that the former culture was superior.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.