Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

I am feeling down about how long it's taken me to learn to drive. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you ever think your putting to much pressure on yourself?
    i see you on the "failed my driving test" thread posting similar issues.

Driving takes time - and it's different for everyone, having a bad instructor probably has set you back a bit too.
    You should try not to count how long it has been - I know from seeing you on the thread you've already booked your test.
    Putting pressure and stress on yourself can result in you failing your test and generaly being unsafe on the road. So you're not going to make this any easier for yourself.

it took me 8 months to pass, i could of went in for my test earlier, but I wasn't prepared for the unsafety the road brings. Thankgod I did wait - because people drive like idiots and no one is kind to you once the L plates are gone!

Basically what I mean is utilise every lesson you have up until your test, don't think about the hours gone, because as soon as you get the engine started in your instructors car your closer to the pink licence, I can assure you the extra time will seem worth it once your actually on the road alone.

ReputationRep:
    I have been learning since May last year and have had 53 one hour lessons! I think youre being too hard on yourself! Just have as many lessons as you need to pass because when you do pass, no one will care how many hours it took Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    That's not even a year :confused: It took me an exact year and I had 4 different instructors. I probably had 100 lessons! And now I've been driving for 6 years. Seriously, you've not been long at all. stop comparing yourself to some kind of standard that doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    *insert obligatory joke about 'crash course' ["you should have taken a..."]*. I can hardly summon the will. Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    It's not that bad I'm approaching my 50th lesson and I'm just about ready to take my test - in my case it wasn't the instructors fault I just found driving incredibly difficult at first and everytime I made progress I would **** it up by almost driving into a stream of traffic or something.

Those dual controls were used a lot in the early days

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.