The Student Room Group

Biology GCSE exam, help me please !!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
That measuring the leaves one was just an awful question - I saw a couple of my teachers afterwards and they said that you should have mentioned the use of quadrats but it didn't matter if you didn't as they'll be other marking points to hit instead, like using the ruler.
Reply 41
But aren't quadrants used for changes in distribution or population density? I don't see the connection with the size of ivy leaves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
The use of quadrats was to do with the random selection of an area to look at how big the leaves were in sections along the transect
Original post by Willnewman234
I agree with that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heheh yup, I just hope threshold's are low but I highly doubt that but it should be low for b2, Because some of it was maths & if you have terrible maths teacher like mines... I can't work out ratios :P

apparently this is the threshold's but they probably will change it

A* - 41
A - 35
B - 28

for b2 idunno what C is

I saw someone tweet this so its probably not true it doesn't look right but I felt like sharing
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Cinna21
Heheh yup, I just hope threshold's are low but I highly doubt that but it should be low for b2, Because some of it was maths & if you have terrible maths teacher like mines... I can't work out ratios :P

apparently this is the threshold's but they probably will change it

A* - 41
A - 35
B - 28

for b2 idunno what C is

I saw someone tweet this so its probably not true it doesn't look right but I felt like sharing

If agree with that. And you didn't need a calculator to find the exact ratio. It was 3:1. You could tell just looking at it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Crold
The use of quadrats was to do with the random selection of an area to look at how big the leaves were in sections along the transect

The question asked about transects not quadrats

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah it should be around about there, B1 is less complex though and also contains a lot of information but less detail, I found last years B2 easy and this years hard and Last years B3 hard and this years easy

Original post by qwerzxcv1234569
I didn't mention qurdats because it said to use the equipment

I think B2 : FOR AN A* would be 45

B3 for A* would be around 47

what do you think but I hope they are not too high because I want to take biology as a Alevel

Quick Reply