Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR MEI Mechanics 2 (Wednesday 13th May 2015) Watch

• View Poll Results: What will the A boundary be?
    >66
    0%
    0%
    0%
    3.13%
    0%
    6.25%
    0%
    6.25%
    9.38%
    6.25%
    15.63%
    18.75%
    9.38%
    12.50%
    3.13%
    <53
    9.38%

ReputationRep:
    Who else is doing this? How are you feeling about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH0405)
    Who else is doing this? How are you feeling about it?
    Going to be horrendous. I only say this because I'm doing it in Y12 Further Maths, so much tougher for me to do well :/ Grade boundaries are too high for the amount of trick questions... How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe12345marc)
    Going to be horrendous. I only say this because I'm doing it in Y12 Further Maths, so much tougher for me to do well :/ Grade boundaries are too high for the amount of trick questions... How about you?
    The maths is easy, but the understanding of questions is pretty tricky. The momentum and C.O.M questions are fine, but the framework, friction and energy questions can sometimes be, as you say, trick questions. Are you finding any particular topics difficult? I'm doing it as part of Y13 Further Maths.

ReputationRep:
    The maths is easy, but the understanding of questions is pretty tricky. The momentum and C.O.M questions are fine, but the framework, friction and energy questions can sometimes be, as you say, trick questions. Are you finding any particular topics difficult? I'm doing it as part of Y13 Further Maths.
    Personally it's the energy ones because they always seem to make it 10 times more difficult than it needs to be. I think my major issue is I always miss parts of a question out accidently when reading it, so I miss out on key info. None of the understanding is truly THAT difficult, it's just the way they give you essays of build up with really important information almost "hidden".

ReputationRep:
    Personally it's the energy ones because they always seem to make it 10 times more difficult than it needs to be. I think my major issue is I always miss parts of a question out accidently when reading it, so I miss out on key info. None of the understanding is truly THAT difficult, it's just the way they give you essays of build up with really important information almost "hidden".
    I suppose, yes. The big walls of text can be rather daunting in an exam. Oh well, it's not like it's tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    I suppose, yes. The big walls of text can be rather daunting in an exam. Oh well, it's not like it's tomorrow...
    Haha I'm ready xD I get such a mix of results, ranging from 95 UMS to 75 UMS in past papers and it really scared me :O

ReputationRep:
    Haha I'm ready xD I get such a mix of results, ranging from 95 UMS to 75 UMS in past papers and it really scared me :O
    I'm sure it'll be fine. Good luck. Are you one to talk about all the questions after the exam or not?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it'll be fine. Good luck. Are you one to talk about all the questions after the exam or not?
    Good luck to you too mate! Urm I'm not sure, I'd rather not know I've failed within a few hours of taking the test xD

ReputationRep:
    Taking this tomorrow too! Just remember to write all the key facts onto your answer sheet, or highlight them; then you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    DIAGRAMS! They help with everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beryl_97)
    DIAGRAMS! They help with everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True. Very true.

ReputationRep:
    Woo! No more mechanics.

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find it???
    Personally i thought it was hard (especially question 2).
    But what did everyone get??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpatel1234)
    how did everyone find it???
    Personally i thought it was hard (especially question 2).
    But what did everyone get??
    It was horrible! I didn't find question 2 too bad but the COM question was disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't horrific, but it certainly wasn't nice. What answers did everyone get?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone managed to acquire a copy of the paper?

ReputationRep:
    1.5ms^-1 for something in Q2.
    3m for the very last question. That's all i can remember.

ReputationRep:
    i remember that in qs 2 i got nice answers for velocities and i also remeber getting 1.5

ReputationRep:
    by nice i mean the answer was to 1 decimal place
    also do u remember any of the answers to qs4 such as the velocity of q

ReputationRep:
    I got 3m as well for the last question

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.