Worst Tory Policy? Watch

• Peer Support Volunteers
    • Reporter Team
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    Help to Buy is a terrible policy.
    Well it's a good idea, but those it is aimed at can't actually afford it :facepalm:

(Original post by whorace)
    Is it? I'd be careful reaching such extreme conclusions, you might be arrested. I'm joking But serious there's no evidence for these conclusions.
    It's kinda obvious that it will happen :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tillybop)
    Well it's a good idea, but those it is aimed at can't actually afford it :facepalm:
    It's not a good idea. It will just raise house prices artificially.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Reporter Team
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    It's not a good idea. It will just raise house prices artificially.
    I didn't say it was a practical idea, far from it; but you can see why something like that can be helpful.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    Exactly. That's quite a drastic leap. Justifying it for greater protection is a fallacy too, as it's not intrinsic to our protection. It's quite abundantly clear that it's going to be used as a tool for political assassination first and foremost, which we've seen time and time again. Police already have the tools needed to access it if they have a suspect and they present their situation to the company, but changing that to spot checking and email sifting is an appalling prospect that would be grossly inappropriate.
    I feel the need to point out that nobody will be sifting through looking at your **** pics. As its for counter intelligence what will most likely happen is that an elaborate computer programme will sift through millions of people at a time identifying patterns worthy of concern.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tillybop)
    I didn't say it was a practical idea, far from it; but you can see why something like that can be helpful.
    The problem with it is that the state is simply taking on unfunded liabilities in order to artificially increase the credit supply. Should a house price crash occur then the taxpayer is on the hook for the defaults.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    don't be so jolly well pessimistic!
    natural rate of unemployment.

ReputationRep:
    Their sadistic backing of fox hunting is quite abhorrent and is probably the stand out for me.

ReputationRep:
    Off the top of my head;

HRA 'reform'
    Help to Buy
    Workfare
    Limiting child benefit
    Support of TTIP
    So called 'Snoopers charter'
    'full' employment
    Renegotiation of EU treaties (not that I disagree in principal but they have made an assumption on the British people wanting to have less involvement, more involvement is already strictly off the table. Also its just not going to.happen).

ReputationRep:
    All of them.

Particularly the potential rise in tuition fees worries me, not that they'll definitely rise. The massive welfare cuts concern me massively, too.

ReputationRep:
    Won't like it if fox hunting comes back. Also don't really like the idea of help to buy, if it's meant to help those on low incomes afford a home then...build a **** ton more affordable homes (including council houses...rather than letting them fall into the private sector).

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.