Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

PL Live: Chelsea v Liverpool 10/05 4pm Watch

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard. :heart:

It'll be his last home game vs Palace next sat, gonna be so emotional. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    you finally quoted me.
    knew you eventually you'd break your vow.
    bye bye pimped butterfly
    Vow? Lols. I've quoted you before. Respond to my post pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Our summer was so bad in terms of transfers:

Lallana - £25mil
    Markovic - £20mil
    Lovren - £20mil
    Balotelli - £16mil

I think the Lallana transfer actually bothers me the most? No other top 6 side would have bought him yet we overpaid massively.

Markovic - very young so may come good?
    Balotelli - needed a striker and we took a big gamble
    Lovren - statistically he was great last season but he just hasn't worked.

But then what was the logic for Lallana? He just doesn't have one core attribute which is brilliant to his game.
    Lallana is just a BR sort of player isn't he, quick feet and fits in with the pass and move philosophy. I guess he was brought in as more depth, but paying £25 million is diabolical. We've never really been good with transfers so lets just be thankful we didn't pay over £30 mil for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    You just love attempting to get yourself banned :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He's a broken man. The slip is just about the biggest football tragedy imaginable. I literally cannot think of anything in football that has been worse.
    That sarcasm tho :lol:

ReputationRep:
    He's a broken man. The slip is just about the biggest football tragedy imaginable. I literally cannot think of anything in football that has been worse.
    Change tragedy to comedy.

Also I hope you win today in all honesty. Genuinely want to take the loss.

ReputationRep:
    Also Lallana transfer made little to no sense. Better players available so it made little sense.

ReputationRep:
    Listen man just leave it k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Lallana is just a BR sort of player isn't he, quick feet and fits in with the pass and move philosophy. I guess he was brought in as more depth, but paying £25 million is diabolical. We've never really been good with transfers so lets just be thankful we didn't pay over £30 mil for him.
    I think the point is that to succeed at the top clubs you need that extra ability as your strength. What is Lallana actually good at?

He's not strong enough
    He's not pacey enough
    He's not got enough endurance
    He's not got height
    He can't beat his man
    His passing isn't elite (like a Fabregas or Iniesta)

He's just an all round decent player - which isn't enough for a top club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Our summer was so bad in terms of transfers:

Lallana - £25mil
    Markovic - £20mil
    Lovren - £20mil
    Balotelli - £16mil

I think the Lallana transfer actually bothers me the most? No other top 6 side would have bought him yet we overpaid massively.

Markovic - very young so may come good?
    Balotelli - needed a striker and we took a big gamble
    Lovren - statistically he was great last season but he just hasn't worked.

But then what was the logic for Lallana? He just doesn't have one core attribute which is brilliant to his game.
    Feel the same way.

Markovic might work out in 1-2 years since he got a lot of pace, just needs to add a little bit of decision making into his game! Although, I feel Balotelli move was also idiotic, not a gamble... He doesn't fit the Liverpool style of play with through balls.. Moreno is actually worth the 10 m imo, so is Can who is not playing in his natural position but has yet offered much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    You just love attempting to get yourself banned :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How? I offer more to this forum than any other Liverpool fan, and I don't break any rules. And I'm questioning why someone who supposedly supports Liverpool would repeatedly post negative self-entitled whiny drivel instead of supporting their club

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool's bench...

£100m+ spent on squad depth in the summer and the best player you can bring on to change the game is Jordan Ibe

ReputationRep:
    lol, you're just looking for a fight aren't you big boy?

why would i respond to you?
    you're just not a nice person, plain and simple

ReputationRep:
    How? I offer more to this forum than any other Liverpool fan, and I don't break any rules. And I'm questioning why someone who supposedly supports Liverpool would repeatedly post negative self-entitled whiny drivel instead of supporting their club
    I know SUG but it just feels like it'll get heated and you'd end up getting banned. Allow the Balotelli rage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I offer more to this forum than any other Liverpool fan
    dead.

I don't break any rules.
    deader.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3isenberg)
    Liverpool's bench...

£100m+ spent on squad depth in the summer and the best player you can bring on to change the game is Jordan Ibe
    Not to mention starting Ricky Lambert in your biggest game of the season.

That club is a never ending cycle of hilarity. Can't wait to see what dross they sign in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theo1jinx)
    Feel the same way.

Markovic might work out in 1-2 years since he got a lot of pace, just needs to add a little bit of decision making into his game! Although, I feel Balotelli move was also idiotic, not a gamble... He doesn't fit the Liverpool style of play with through balls.. Moreno is actually worth the 10 m imo, so is Can who is not playing in his natural position but has yet offered much
    Markovic was pretty highly rated at Benfica so I think he'll come good once he's settled. Give him a pre-season and let him play all the cup games next season and then I think he'll come good in the 2nd half of the season.

Well Balotelli was a player who's already adapted to the premier league having spent a few years here. Not sure the logic extended further than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    lol, you're just looking for a fight aren't you big boy?

why would i respond to you?
    you're just not a nice person, plain and simple
    Not really, I don't want a fight. I'd just like a simple discussion on why you post as you do, when it seems to be against the very nature of supporting a football club.
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    deader.
    Name anywhere where I've broken a rule buddy

ReputationRep:
    God damn Mikel is so ****.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I don't want a fight. I'd just like a simple discussion on why you post as you do, when it seems to be against the very nature of supporting a football club.

Name anywhere where I've broken a rule buddy
    okay you're just deluded now.

i would much rather revise for my finals than respond to your constant and desperate pleas for a dispute.
    offence intended.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 12, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.