Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Every Friday we have our assembly where the teachers talk about things such as problems or anything they want to let us know. This Friday they were going over the rules that we have to follow when doing our tests, these were some of the rules: No electronic devices, bring at least 2 pens, have a see through pencil case, no labels on water bottles. These were some of the normal rules But there is one that I do not understand: No USB sticks allowed! What am I meant to do with a usb? Stick it up my ass(Pardon my language) and download all the answers in to my head? Could someone please explain why a usb stick is not allowed in a test.

ReputationRep:
    You might connect it to your phone or tablet through a cable of some kind - I'm sure there are USB to jack converters around.

ReputationRep:
    It's like my school won't let anyone in they are wearing a necklace, I don't understand how my necklace will help me in the exam.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abiantoinette)
    It's like my school won't let anyone in they are wearing a necklace, I don't understand how my necklace will help me in the exam.
    If someone really wanted to cheat then they could write answers easily on the back of a large pendant. The exam board rules are final, you're only going to be in the exam for a couple of hours max, I'm sure it won't hurt you In regards to not knowing where to put things, I leave my bags in a cloak room and only take my pencil case and water bottle into the exam hall with me; then I don't have to worry about accidentally not having turned my phone off or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mactotaur)
    You might connect it to your phone or tablet through a cable of some kind - I'm sure there are USB to jack converters around.
    No electronic devices aloud.

ReputationRep:
    Theoretically speaking you could cheat quite easily using a USB stick. They're not exactly small and if you wanted to cheat you could either write on it or hide small bits of paper with answers on inside. Also, if the examiners caught you with a USB i guess they might presume that you have electronic devices on you i suppose but idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirBricksAlot)
    No electronic devices aloud.
    That doesn't mean everybody will follow that rule.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.