Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so my gcse exams are this week and I'm stressing like mad because my parents expect me to get ALL A'S AND A*S but that is NEVER going to happen. How can I bring my Rs grade up from a D to at least a B and chemistry and physics too- In chemistry and Physics I've got a*s in the isas but the exams always let me down. How can I at least get B's in the chemistry C2 AND C1 exams(same with physics)????? HELLPPP

ReputationRep:
    I'm the opposite, I'll get As or A*s, but we haven't even done the course work yet! I dont do RS, but in geography, another humanities, flash cards help a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Don't stress about your GCSE's they are not make or break for anything, so long as you make the entry requirements for where you want to go next that is all that matters, easier said than done I know - A level student :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceGeek1878)
    I'm the opposite, I'll get As or A*s, but we haven't even done the course work yet! I dont do RS, but in geography, another humanities, flash cards help a lot!
    I cannot believe you haven't done the coursework yet haha and RS is compulsory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megankate34)
    Don't stress about your GCSE's they are not make or break for anything, so long as you make the entry requirements for where you want to go next that is all that matters, easier said than done I know - A level student :'
    I can easily get my entry requirements for sixth form its just that my parents expect no lower than a B in ANYTHING.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatGurl)
    I cannot believe you haven't done the coursework yet haha and RS is compulsory
    Yeah, our school is *******s, I haven't had a teacher since year 9, only supplies!
    I just couldn't do RS, I dont even understand religion xD

ReputationRep:
    I can easily get my entry requirements for sixth form its just that my parents expect no lower than a B in ANYTHING.
    There are very little people who get pure A's do the best you can and that is the best you can do :') *tries to say that to myself the day before my a level exam*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceGeek1878)
    Yeah, our school is *******s, I haven't had a teacher since year 9, only supplies!
    I just couldn't do RS, I dont even understand religion xD
    haha okay

ReputationRep:
    There are very little people who get pure A's do the best you can and that is the best you can do :' *tries to say that to myself the day before my a level exam*
    haha thank you I'm even more scared for a-levels. I need A*AA eeeep

ReputationRep:
    Don't stress about your GCSE's they are not make or break for anything, so long as you make the entry requirements for where you want to go next that is all that matters, easier said than done I know - A level student :')
    This is definitely true. I remember thinking that if i don't get good grades, it would ruin my chances for a good career. Not saying GCSEs don't matter at all, just that its not make or break if your grades aren't amazing
    Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    haha thank you I'm even more scared for a-levels. I need A*AA eeeep
    Don't start worrying about a levels they are okay in the end, bloody hard work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKhaleesi)
    This is definitely true. I remember thinking that if i don't get good grades, it would ruin my chances for a good career. Not saying GCSEs don't matter at all, just that its not make or break if your grades aren't amazing
    Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank youuu

ReputationRep:
    Don't start worrying about a levels they are okay in the end, bloody hard work
    Haha Okay w/e you say

ReputationRep:
    Currently at university, and can completely understand where you're coming from. Don't stress, and just try your best, that's all you can do. Since completing my GCSE's, I've never once been asked what they're, never once asked for proof when applying for jobs, they're pretty much there to get you a stepping stone to better things.

Regarding your parents, they just want the best for you. If you can walk out of every exam saying "I definitely tried my best, and put sufficient work in", then that's all that matters.. It's not about your parents, it's about YOU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElliotField)
    Currently at university, and can completely understand where you're coming from. Don't stress, and just try your best, that's all you can do. Since completing my GCSE's, I've never once been asked what they're, never once asked for proof when applying for jobs, they're pretty much there to get you a stepping stone to better things.

Regarding your parents, they just want the best for you. If you can walk out of every exam saying "I definitely tried my best, and put sufficient work in", then that's all that matters.. It's not about your parents, it's about YOU.
    I've heard a lot that once you complete your A-levels GCSE's don't really matter but my parents honestly don't understand this. From our culture and background EVERY grade matters and every family member will know your grades before you do haha but thank you for the support, its exactly what I wanted to hear

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.