Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Doing WJEC GCSE English Literature without taking the subject. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

The lit exams are coming up, and I'm fairly concerned - we were told months ago but my school has entered us all into the English Lit (from just 'English') exam.

Now, I don't find it inherently difficult, yet, without ever having a lesson of literature I'm finding it hard to revise all the themes and characters that I should be, in addition to revising for my other subjects.

I want to get an A (certainly possible - I got an A* on my coursework about Crooks) or a B at least just to say that I did it - what grades should I be looking for in the exam to do this? I'm not entirely sure how to go about revision for this either - it's a closed book exam so should I be remembering quotes? How many and for what? How crucial is it? Do I just focus on mindmapping potential exam questions or just plan out everything for every theme and character?

Or maybe, since I don't take the subject, would it just be easier for me to read the texts (OMAM, Inspector Calls, Heroes) a couple more times and hope for the best, in addition to reading the copious amount of revision material I've been given?

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.