Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I think section C had to be self report.... And the sampling technique was not specified so I would go with no

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you've combined both experimental and self report so I should imagine marks will be awarded as long as you put example of your questions in the questionnaire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bricktop)
    Sooooo bottom line was the answer for section B event or opportunity sample?
    I would go with opportunity as event is more to do with the observational technique

ReputationRep:
    Yes but it was the observational technique....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjoanna16)
    Yes but it was the observational technique....
    From what I can remember the question was, outline the sampling method used in this study, in which case I would've gone with opportunity... I may be wrong but that's just my opinion

ReputationRep:
    I wrote change in the sample instead of a different type of self report on that question will I get any marks?
    ���������� ���������� ��

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisaaa123)
    From what I can remember the question was, outline the sampling method used in this study, in which case I would've gone with opportunity... I may be wrong but that's just my opinion
    The question was worded awfully. In the end I went with event sampling because usually observational studies are all opportunity anyway. My psychology teacher said that he thought it was event sampling, but considering the amount of people who put opportunity sampling and the fact that it isn't technically incorrect, they might accept opportunity sampling as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diegor)
    I wrote change in the sample instead of a different type of self report ���������� ���������� ��
    I would imagine that would be okay! You kept the study as a self report which is the criteria the question gave you, as long as it's justified you should get marks! Don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    😘😘😘 event sampling yaaaaay
    The question was worded awfully. In the end I went with event sampling because usually observational studies are all opportunity anyway. My psychology teacher said that he thought it was event sampling, but considering the amount of people who put opportunity sampling and the fact that it isn't technically incorrect, they might accept opportunity sampling as well.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's fair enough, I reckon as long as you argued it either way, marks should still be awarded, quite a few questions had poor wording I found, so they may be leaniant, hopefully ahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisaaa123)
    Yeah that's fair enough, I reckon as long as you argued it either way, marks should still be awarded, quite a few questions had poor wording I found, so they may be leaniant, hopefully ahah
    I agree with you

ReputationRep:
    I put event sampling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadine_M98)
    I put event sampling?
    OMG me tooo!!!!! everyone kept saying it was opportunity ( i could've sworn the question said sampling technique but i can't remember my memory is really bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom294)
    so for section c procedure question i did a field experiment where i wrote particpants witness a person falling over a bus. soon after they were handed a questionaire. asking why they didnt help etc. Is this correct ?
    I said someting along the lines of that. I think if you talk about using a questionnaire to ask participants whether they helped or not using a rating scale you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :DgeekyMK)
    OMG me tooo!!!!! everyone kept saying it was opportunity ( i could've sworn the question said sampling technique but i can't remember my memory is really bad
    Yeah that's what I thought as well? it makes sense for it to be event but maybe opportunity is right too? i'm so confused lol

ReputationRep:
    So was it event or opportunity , anyone remember the question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by huzi45)
    So was it event or opportunity , anyone remember the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put opportunity

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any notes on changes and implications of the studies? Or websites that have them?

ReputationRep:
    I put opportunity , try googling changes for studies g542

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by huzi45)
    I put opportunity , try googling changes for studies g542

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I tried that and it didnt come up with anything useful

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.