Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I have my 2 English lit exams in two weeks (my exam board is WJEC) and was wondering how many quotes you know for each text? Not sure how many I am supposed to know.

I'm doing Of Mice and Men, Lord of The Flies and A View From The Bridge
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Well for the extract part, the quotes are in there for you so you just pick and choose, but for the essay question regarding the whole book, i only had 8 DIFFERENT quotes, and got an A star in my mock how easy is that? just 8, and some of the quotes dont even need revising for, you just know it...for one point all i quoted was ''curleys wife'' and that in itself is a valid quote of course. my essay was 2 sides and got 18/20
    but generally you need around 10, anymore than that and you know you need more points for it and you'll go over your time management.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    Well for the extract part, the quotes are in there for you so you just pick and choose, but for the essay question regarding the whole book, i only had 8 DIFFERENT quotes, and got an A star in my mock how easy is that? just 8, and some of the quotes dont even need revising for, you just know it...for one point all i quoted was ''curleys wife'' and that in itself is a valid quote of course. my essay was 2 sides and got 18/20
    but generally you need around 10, anymore than that and you know you need more points for it and you'll go over your time management.
    Wow! That makes me feel a lot better - aiming for A/A* so thank you!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shonwon)
    Wow! That makes me feel a lot better - aiming for A/A* so thank you!!
    you're welcome im frantically revising quotes now but none of it is going in my head for the actual exam next monday, but thinking back to the mock, i had barely revised quotes, i had very general ideas in my head and i only just developed those ideas during the mock itself but still managed to did well, i think you'll be fine if you know your book good enough

ReputationRep:
    Remember: Integrate quotes and adapt them so they can work with your point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.