Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions for the 25mark essay?

ReputationRep:
    Contrasting countries is on the spec and hasn't come up yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maymason)
    Does anyone have any predictions for the 25mark essay?
    My predictions for Section B are either
    Land forms/Processes
    or
    Management/Sustainability

however I may be completely wrong (they haven't come up for a while, sustainable development in 2012 and land forms 2011).
    Good luck tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BootyCheikh)
    Land forms/Processes
    or

however I may be completely wrong (they haven't come up for a while, sustainable development in 2012 and land forms 2011).
    Good luck tomorrow
    Yeah I was thinking sustainability or multi-use resource? Thank you, you too!

ReputationRep:
    I just hope it's a nice paper.
    I hope the human paper is to do with contrasting energy mixes that would be brilliant haha

ReputationRep:
    I just hope it's a nice paper.
    I hope the human paper is to do with contrasting energy mixes that would be brilliant haha

Yeah me too, I don't do energy but let's just hope for the best!

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok less than 12 hours to go

ReputationRep:
    Land forms/Processes
    or

Good luck tomorrow

You got it spot on!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicec11)
    You got it spot on!!

Horrible question IMO
    Nice structured though

ReputationRep:
    Rivers 25 marker was a nightmare haha

ReputationRep:
    What's the maximum mark you can get if you used to case-studies when they only ask you to use one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betonz)
    What's the maximum mark you can get if you used to case-studies when they only ask you to use one?
    You can still get full marks but they only mark one case study, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else think the coast essay was hard to put casestudies in? I just named random examples of landforms but I didn't put any data in, there wasn't really any data you could put it though really!

ReputationRep:
    You can still get full marks but they only mark one case study, I think.
    Even though it's only one developed point excluded the other case study? Or I can I still get half of the mark? This really annoys me for not reading the question carefully. Thank you for answering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betonz)
    Even though it's only one developed point excluded the other case study? Or I can only get half a mark? This really annoys me for not reading the question carefully. Thanks you for answering.
    One whole case study. I seem to remember my teacher saying that they will mark both and chose the highest scoring. (But that might have been for a different subject)

ReputationRep:
    Who else used two case-studies for 9 mark question for rivers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoe.imogen)
    Did anyone else think the coast essay was hard to put casestudies in? I just named random examples of landforms but I didn't put any data in, there wasn't really any data you could put it though really!
    I did the coasts essay too! I based my answer around the Holderness Coast (more because it's a good example of coastal erosion rather than landforms) I then went on to explain how stumps/stacks/arches are formed using Old Harry in Swanage as an example. Not really sure how much case study detail they required, but I think as long as you named a location you should be okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucecassidy)
    I did the coasts essay too! I based my answer around the Holderness Coast (more because it's a good example of coastal erosion rather than landforms) I then went on to explain how stumps/stacks/arches are formed using Old Harry in Swanage as an example. Not really sure how much case study detail they required, but I think as long as you named a location you should be okay
    Loads of my class did rivers because there was loads more to talk about but I think the coastal processes are easier and I get them a bit more, I did the same, I also did a tiny paragraph saying it also leads to deposition indirectly and weathering processes have an affect(I was trying to show more than one argument sort of like relative significance) I used both of those Casestudies, I also drew a diagram for caves arches stacks and stumps which was rubbish hahah! How did you find the rest of the paper?

ReputationRep:
    I resat this paper and did the essay on rivers and I feel like I lied through my teeth to answer some of these questions. Wasn't a fan of the contrast two pie charts thing as guessing the percentages wasn't fun!!! But I quite liked all the glaciation questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foofoothesnoo)
    I resat this paper and did the essay on rivers and I feel like I lied through my teeth to answer some of these questions. Wasn't a fan of the contrast two pie charts thing as guessing the percentages wasn't fun!!! But I quite liked all the glaciation questions
    How did you answer it exactly?

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.