maymason
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Does anyone have any predictions for the 25mark essay?
sophie0098
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Contrasting countries is on the spec and hasn't come up yet?
BootyCheikh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by maymason)
Does anyone have any predictions for the 25mark essay?
My predictions for Section B are either
Land forms/Processes
or
Management/Sustainability

however I may be completely wrong (they haven't come up for a while, sustainable development in 2012 and land forms 2011).
Good luck tomorrow Image
maymason
Rep:
?
(Original post by BootyCheikh)
Land forms/Processes
or

however I may be completely wrong (they haven't come up for a while, sustainable development in 2012 and land forms 2011).
Good luck tomorrow Image
Yeah I was thinking sustainability or multi-use resource? Thank you, you too!
BootyCheikh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just hope it's a nice paper.
I hope the human paper is to do with contrasting energy mixes that would be brilliant haha
maymason
Rep:
?
I just hope it's a nice paper.
I hope the human paper is to do with contrasting energy mixes that would be brilliant haha

Yeah me too, I don't do energy but let's just hope for the best!
BootyCheikh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh ok less than 12 hours to go
alicec11
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Land forms/Processes
or

Good luck tomorrow Image

You got it spot on!!
BootyCheikh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by alicec11)
You got it spot on!!

Horrible question IMO
Nice structured though
nectempus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Rivers 25 marker was a nightmare haha
Betonz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What's the maximum mark you can get if you used to case-studies when they only ask you to use one?
BootyCheikh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Betonz)
What's the maximum mark you can get if you used to case-studies when they only ask you to use one?
You can still get full marks but they only mark one case study, I think.
zoe.imogen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Did anyone else think the coast essay was hard to put casestudies in? I just named random examples of landforms but I didn't put any data in, there wasn't really any data you could put it though really!
Betonz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can still get full marks but they only mark one case study, I think.
Even though it's only one developed point excluded the other case study? Or I can I still get half of the mark? This really annoys me for not reading the question carefully. Thank you for answering.
BootyCheikh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Betonz)
Even though it's only one developed point excluded the other case study? Or I can only get half a mark? This really annoys me for not reading the question carefully. Thanks you for answering.
One whole case study. I seem to remember my teacher saying that they will mark both and chose the highest scoring. (But that might have been for a different subject)
Betonz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Who else used two case-studies for 9 mark question for rivers?
Lucecassidy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by zoe.imogen)
Did anyone else think the coast essay was hard to put casestudies in? I just named random examples of landforms but I didn't put any data in, there wasn't really any data you could put it though really!
I did the coasts essay too! I based my answer around the Holderness Coast (more because it's a good example of coastal erosion rather than landforms) I then went on to explain how stumps/stacks/arches are formed using Old Harry in Swanage as an example. Not really sure how much case study detail they required, but I think as long as you named a location you should be okay
zoe.imogen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lucecassidy)
I did the coasts essay too! I based my answer around the Holderness Coast (more because it's a good example of coastal erosion rather than landforms) I then went on to explain how stumps/stacks/arches are formed using Old Harry in Swanage as an example. Not really sure how much case study detail they required, but I think as long as you named a location you should be okay
Loads of my class did rivers because there was loads more to talk about but I think the coastal processes are easier and I get them a bit more, I did the same, I also did a tiny paragraph saying it also leads to deposition indirectly and weathering processes have an affect(I was trying to show more than one argument sort of like relative significance) I used both of those Casestudies, I also drew a diagram for caves arches stacks and stumps which was rubbish hahah! How did you find the rest of the paper?
Foofoothesnoo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I resat this paper and did the essay on rivers and I feel like I lied through my teeth to answer some of these questions. Wasn't a fan of the contrast two pie charts thing as guessing the percentages wasn't fun!!! But I quite liked all the glaciation questions
Betonz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Foofoothesnoo)
I resat this paper and did the essay on rivers and I feel like I lied through my teeth to answer some of these questions. Wasn't a fan of the contrast two pie charts thing as guessing the percentages wasn't fun!!! But I quite liked all the glaciation questions
How did you answer it exactly?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed