Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoe.imogen)
    Loads of my class did rivers because there was loads more to talk about but I think the coastal processes are easier and I get them a bit more, I did the same, I also did a tiny paragraph saying it also leads to deposition indirectly and weathering processes have an affect(I was trying to show more than one argument sort of like relative significance) I used both of those Casestudies, I also drew a diagram for caves arches stacks and stumps which was rubbish hahah! How did you find the rest of the paper?
    Oh really?! That surprises me, most of my school did the coasts. I was afraid of getting the river features wrong tbh. This was my re-sit so I think (and hope) that it went better than last years, although I really struggled with the rivers short questions especally finding 4 marks worth of "contrast" on the pie charts. Other than that cold was pretty easy and I loved the rivers 9 marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucecassidy)
    Oh really?! That surprises me, most of my school did the coasts. I was afraid of getting the river features wrong tbh. This was my re-sit so I think (and hope) that it went better than last years, although I really struggled with the rivers short questions especally finding 4 marks worth of "contrast" on the pie charts. Other than that cold was pretty easy and I loved the rivers 9 marker
    Yeah same! Yeah probably because I looked at last years paper and it was horrible!! Meltwater and slope processes!! I was stressing that they would put meltwater on again. Yeah I struggled with that but the 9 marker was a gift! I just talked about the Thames

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betonz)
    How did you answer it exactly?
    Sorry I mean I basically bull****ted the answers, especially locating areas!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same! Yeah probably because I looked at last years paper and it was horrible!! Meltwater and slope processes!! I was stressing that they would put meltwater on again. Yeah I struggled with that but the 9 marker was a gift! I just talked about the Thames
    Seems like our papers were very similar! I used the Thames too 😂

ReputationRep:
    Seems like our papers were very similar! I used the Thames too ������
    I hope we gets As!!

ReputationRep:
    THe mark scheme will recognise the best example and award appropriately, so if you went half heartedly for each case study you wont get halff marks, assuming your theory is to level 3 standard but you can still access bottom level 3

ReputationRep:
    For managing tourism sustainably, what case studies would you use?

ReputationRep:
    I did the coasts essay too! I based my answer around the Holderness Coast (more because it's a good example of coastal erosion rather than landforms) I then went on to explain how stumps/stacks/arches are formed using Old Harry in Swanage as an example. Not really sure how much case study detail they required, but I think as long as you named a location you should be okay
    In these landform questions, while it is a given data is sparse, mark schemes and markers do take this into account, heres what is expected for level 3:- Landform and Name- Location..maybe even details about the place i.e. Dorset is a World Heritage Site- Rock types and Structures --> i.e. portland limestone in dorset- wave type and fetch- any significant details that may be unique to a landform, but this is rare to be honesthope that helps

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think human will be like?

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think human will be like?
    Natural consensus from most people i know is that physical is harder... and we found it to be alright so human should be fine, just ensure you know your case studies becase the section A stuff is mostly common sense and case study knowledge can be applied to it since markers are proper teachers who (should) know their stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datguydj)
    Natural consensus from most people i know is that physical is harder... and we found it to be alright so human should be fine, just ensure you know your case studies becase the section A stuff is mostly common sense and case study knowledge can be applied to it since markers are proper teachers who (should) know their stuff!
    Okay thanks! The one I hate is urban environments, I don't know what casestudy to use for land use. I know all the energy casestudies, I hope we need to use them tho because I learned 25 for physical and I only used 5 typical hahah! Only one had data too! Oh well, what essay are you going to do, I don't know whether to do energy or tourism??

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks! The one I hate is urban environments, I don't know what casestudy to use for land use. I know all the energy casestudies, I hope we need to use them tho because I learned 25 for physical and I only used 5 typical hahah! Only one had data too! Oh well, what essay are you going to do, I don't know whether to do energy or tourism??
    In class i've only done one tourism 25 marker and energy one but theyre not hard as long as the structure of them is concrete... so tbh either or but if its global then deff tourism

land use wise id reccomend sunderland from the textbook to check out a few factors for physical, politial and socioeconomic + kibera, youll have to split up the textbook notes but its decent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datguydj)
    In class i've only done one tourism 25 marker and energy one but theyre not hard as long as the structure of them is concrete... so tbh either or but if its global then deff tourism

land use wise id reccomend sunderland from the textbook to check out a few factors for physical, politial and socioeconomic + kibera, youll have to split up the textbook notes but its decent
    Yeah I think you an actually get away with waffling in the 25 markers better than the 9markers !thank you! yeah I will defo look at those thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    how did people find the human paper? did anyone do tourism essay?

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.