Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Aqa as his1g britain, 1815-1865 question predictions - 2015 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm bricking it for this exam! What are your predictions for the exam on Wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    Same here! I don't think Ireland will come up because it was on last year's paper but I think there might be something on the Great Reform Act or Peel and something on discontent 1815-27. I really hope castlereagh comes up on the foreign policy part though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhiannonMaxey)
    Same here! I don't think Ireland will come up because it was on last year's paper but I think there might be something on the Great Reform Act or Peel and something on discontent 1815-27. I really hope castlereagh comes up on the foreign policy part though
    Do you need to learn foreign policy and Ireland? We weren't fully taught it. If I learn everything else will that suffice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radical Lemon)
    Do you need to learn foreign policy and Ireland? We weren't fully taught it. If I learn everything else will that suffice?
    • technically it would suffice but i would revise it all in case you don't like the other questions on domestic

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got any really good notes for it? so nervous

ReputationRep:
    Yes email me for good solid notes! [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Ive emailed thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    same here! i hope its foreign policy and discontent 1815-27 because i really don't know anything else! i'm stumped for interpretations as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evd98)
    same here! i hope its foreign policy and discontent 1815-27 because i really don't know anything else! i'm stumped for interpretations as well.
    Have you got any notes or useful stuff of foreign policy ? please i need help arghhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nmc8)
    Have you got any notes or useful stuff of foreign policy ? please i need help arghhh
    Type in Britain 1815-65 revision in google and look on the Education forum website there are loads of powerpoints with the knowledge you need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nmc8)
    if you have the blue murphy book it has a really helpful timeline for foreign policy on page 64. I'll type it out.

1793-1815 - wars with france
    1812-1815 - britain at war with america
    1815 - congress of verona - called to compensate winners of the napoleonic wars and punish france. castlereagh didn't want to punish them too harshly in case they wanted revenge. quadruple alliance formed between russia, prussia, austria and britain
    1818 - congress of aix-la-chappelle - called to settle french affairs. france had paid off their indemnity and seemed stable. france added to quadruple alliance to make it the quintuple alliance
    1820 - castlereagh issues the state paper
    1820 - congress of troppau - called to settle problems in spain, italy and portugal.
    spain - ferdinand forced to accept constitutional monarchy but wanted to send an army to regain south american colonies
    italy - carbonari uprising. austria given permission to quash it as it was a "domestic affair".
    portugal - dom miguel, regent king for neice maria, wanted an absoloute monarchy - had support from france.
    1821 - congress of laibach - called to settle greek revolt, congress system collapsing
    1822 - congress of verona held to discuss rebellions in spain and its south american colonies and greece. castlereagh commits suicide, canning appointed as foreign secretary
    1823 - french troops invade spain to restore absoloute monarchy, monroe doctorine
    1824 - britain recognises independence of spanish colonies in south america
    1826 - canning sends 5000 troops into portugal to prevent dom miguel and france restoring an absolute monarchy
    1827 - treaty of london signed - recognises greek independence. canning dies
    1828 - russia declare war on turkey
    1841 - opium war with china (we traded tea with china but the emperor wrote saying it had negative affects on the people so stopped trade, we sent the navy and bombed their harbours, trade revived and we recieved hong kong.)

I've just realised I know nothing about palmerston coz we weren't taught it but that above is an overview. you also need to know the aims and how castlereagh and canning are similar/different.

ReputationRep:
    thank you !!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really hoping the 1841 election comes up, and Castlereagh

ReputationRep:
    i just don't get castlereagh

ReputationRep:
    I've took the risk of concentrating my revision on the Domestic stuff so I'm left with no choice but to answer question 1 and 2 we have not been taught historical interpretations as far as I'm aware you can get away with leaving it out if evaluation is good as I think this sort of acts as interpretation we have been told you don't need historic Opionion till A2 . Hoping for a repression question during Lord liverpools time , a Great reform act question ,fall of the Tory government or A peel question and maybe a nice working conditions question . The question 3 is almost indefiently going to be on foreign policy so fair play to whoever attempts that

ReputationRep:
    that is exactly what I've done didn't even attempt foreign policy just focused on domestic !! its a gamble but hopefully it will be all good! them questions would be so good! defiantly think there will be a lord liverpool 1822-1827 one !!Will domestic ask about gladstone? (might be a stupid question)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nmc8)
    that is exactly what I've done didn't even attempt foreign policy just focused on domestic !! its a gamble but hopefully it will be all good! them questions would be so good! defiantly think there will be a lord liverpool 1822-1827 one !!Will domestic ask about gladstone? (might be a stupid question)
    yes it could ask about Gladstone

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys find the exam?

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.