Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r055grn)
    No worries! It's just a general statistical rule of thumb/rule, I'm not sure how they arrived at it either hahahahahah
    Ahhh okay thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xela238)
    Ahhh okay, I'm retaking and IQR was in last years, do we need to know the standard deviation equation by heart?
    Nope they give you the equation and a key, just remember 68.2% for 1 SD

ReputationRep:
    Here is every skills question from Q2 from 2009, this is pretty much all they can ask us, just make sure you know an answer for each one and you're set
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx All Geog2 exam questions.docx (16.8 KB, 436 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilaJ)
    Nope they give you the equation and a key, just remember 68.2% for 1 SD
    So if a value is within these parameters its no more than one standard deviation?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I'm resitting this paper as well and really hope it's on population. I got an a last year in this paper but a b overall, but couldn't resit the other unit because it's so big, so this year I'm trying to get full UMS which is not realistic at all!

ReputationRep:
    How would you answer this: Distinguish between qualitative and quantitative data?

My fieldwork was based on seeing on bedload size and roundness changes downstream? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    For analysis of data- can you talk about drawing a cross section of a river and using that to find out the wetted perimeter, cross sectional area and therefore the discharge etc..?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Quantitative data is numbers e.g. the depth of the river was 0.5m and qualitative is descriptions so the river was turbulent in the upper course and calmer in the lower course

(Original post by hpiercey3)
    How would you answer this: Distinguish between qualitative and quantitative data?

My fieldwork was based on seeing on bedload size and roundness changes downstream? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I hope standard deviation or spearmans rank comes up! Plus I wouldn't mind easy questions on fieldwork please aqa

ReputationRep:
    Thats presentation of data. For analysis talk about scattergraphs if you drew any (any anomalies and lines of best fit etc) and also standard deviation or spearmans ranks

(Original post by thesmallman)
    For analysis of data- can you talk about drawing a cross section of a river and using that to find out the wetted perimeter, cross sectional area and therefore the discharge etc..?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaynamodi)
    Quantitative data is numbers e.g. the depth of the river was 0.5m and qualitative is descriptions so the river was turbulent in the upper course and calmer in the lower course
    Thanks your a star! Good luck today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xela238)
    So if a value is within these parameters its no more than one standard deviation?
    You calculate the standard deviation, and then that means that 68.2% of data is within the standard deviation from the mean, a number like 5 means good results and 100 means bad, as in there is a lot of variation around the mean.

ReputationRep:

Yes i use bedload for this one too, size being quantitative and roundness being qualitative, wouldn't hurt to put a definition in either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilaJ)
    Yes i use bedload for this one too, size being quantitative and roundness being qualitative, wouldn't hurt to put a definition in either.
    Brilliant I will do that then - quick q what did you do for secondary data?

ReputationRep:
    Is the exam at 1pm or 1.30pm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaynamodi)
    Thats presentation of data. For analysis talk about scattergraphs if you drew any (any anomalies and lines of best fit etc) and also standard deviation or spearmans ranks
    Thanks a lot!!
    Also, for scatter graphs, if I didn't have an anomaly, should I just say something along the lines of: "I didn't have an anomaly as all of the points were close to the line of best fit" or should I make one up?

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant I will do that then - quick q what did you do for secondary data?

Just talk about using weather forecasts to say if it was flashy or not and how you should compare to data from other rivers in the area to make sure yours wasn't anomolous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irMike)
    Is the exam at 1pm or 1.30pm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesmallman)
    Thanks a lot!!
    Also, for scatter graphs, if I didn't have an anomaly, should I just say something along the lines of: "I didn't have an anomaly as all of the points were close to the line of best fit" or should I make one up?

Definitely make one up!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.