Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    How did you all find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exceptional)
    How did you all find it?
    prefered fieldwork section over skills! What did people put for the comparing of house prices???

ReputationRep:
    I thought that was pretty bad. So much maths and graph stuff and it took so long to find those two settlements for the first question! Also I thought some of the fieldwork questions were really obscure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09ekennedy)
    prefered fieldwork section over skills! What did people put for the comparing of house prices???
    Greater average meaning richer tenants and better housing. Greater range showing that not all housing is great with the worst being equal to the other areas average. Higher standard deviation showing a greater range but without being affected by anomalous results like Fitz which was far ginger by a mile. I didn't do to well on that one.

ReputationRep:
    I said Bomere Heath had a higher standard deviation but the standard deviations overlap so the conclusion that Bowmere has higher house prices wasn't statistically significant. I said the greater variation in house prices in Bowmere could have been due to a greater variation of architecture compared to uniform terraced houses at Belle Vue

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hope everyone found the paper alright.

What did you get for the standard deviation question?

I got 31.03

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrKmas508)
    That's a relief

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsy_)
    Hope everyone found the paper alright.

What did you get for the standard deviation question?

I got 31.03

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh for f*** sake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adalevels)
    I said Bomere Heath had a higher standard deviation but the standard deviations overlap so the conclusion that Bowmere has higher house prices wasn't statistically significant. I said the greater variation in house prices in Bowmere could have been due to a greater variation of architecture compared to uniform terraced houses at Belle Vue

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put that the lower standard deviation value means less variation then I said about 68% of the data will lye between the mean, also I talked about ranges being similar so was hard to see variations...

ReputationRep:
    It got 90 something for standard deviation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hpiercey3)
    How would you answer this: Distinguish between qualitative and quantitative data?

My fieldwork was based on seeing on bedload size and roundness changes downstream? Thanks
    Mind reader

ReputationRep:
    Wasteman!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrKmas508)
    Oh for f*** sake
    96.42?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comeback)
    96.42?
    What I got!

ReputationRep:
    For the last question, did you go through each stage of how you did the statistical test?

ReputationRep:
    What I got!
    It'll become clear as more people comment but I really hope we're right

ReputationRep:
    My class and I all got 96.42, so I'm assuming that's it!

ReputationRep:
    Can you remember the figures? I am sure i got something in the 90 maybe 94 point something!

ReputationRep:
    96.42 (2dp)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SubwayLover1)
    For the last question, did you go through each stage of how you did the statistical test?
    I did, I chose Spearman's Rank. Although for the final part I said "and inserted this value into the formula" as I didn't actually remember the formula (we don't need to remember the formula for either tests)

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.