Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTakers)
    My class and I all got 96.42, so I'm assuming that's it!
    Yay I'm happy again

ReputationRep:
    I think i got that correct! Can you remember the Values?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SubwayLover1)
    Can you remember the figures? I am sure i got something in the 90 maybe 94 point something!
    I think we're right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comeback)
    I did, I chose Spearman's Rank. Although for the final part I said "and inserted this value into the formula" as I didn't actually remember the formula (we don't need to remember the formula for either tests)

OMG!! Thanks so much! I went through how you did it e.g the highest value was given the lowest rank (1) but no one else did it! I also said put it into the equation too

ReputationRep:
    When doing the standard deviation, did everyone get a weirdly low 'score' for one of the fill in answers for x - the mean, (like 1.2 something) because it looked really unusual compared to the rest, especially when it was Squared???

And i got 90 something for the overall SD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonymousRutter)
    When doing the standard deviation, did everyone get a weirdly low 'score' for one of the fill in answers for x - the mean, (like 1.2 something) because it looked really unusual compared to the rest, especially when it was Squared???

Yeye! It was like 1.25 squared

ReputationRep:
    OMG!! Thanks so much! I went through how you did it e.g the highest value was given the lowest rank (1) but no one else did it! I also said put it into the equation too
    That's good, as we had to describe how we analysed our data and your answer will show them that you know your stuff (some people will definitely have been vague and winged it )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exceptional)
    How did you all find it?
    Couldn't have asked for a better GEOG2 paper! Thankfully there was a great question on standard deviation (what did you get for it?) and the fieldwork questions were so easy! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonymousRutter)

Yes. I think they do that deliberately to try and throw people off. If you knew how to do it you would have carried on, well done.

ReputationRep:
    On the last question on the feildwork, it said outline one method of analysing data but i wrote about scatter graphs and spearmans rank, does anybody know if this will affect my mark?! Worrying! 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeye! It was like 1.25 squared
    That's what I got! But I think I messed up the last bit because I got 789 for the SD.... oops! I blame my calculator. No grade A for me now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloeeejess)
    On the last question on the feildwork, it said outline one method of analysing data but i wrote about scatter graphs and spearmans rank, does anybody know if this will affect my mark?! Worrying! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it will affect it a bit because you didn't read the question properly

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys say about the two places (Heath and Vue or something similar) to compare using the map provided?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloeeejess)
    On the last question on the feildwork, it said outline one method of analysing data but i wrote about scatter graphs and spearmans rank, does anybody know if this will affect my mark?! Worrying! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spearman's rank is perfect for that Q! Scatter is more a presentation technique, but if you mentioned the line of best fit and therefore correlation (strong or weak) you drew from it I think that's acceptable too.

Don't worry, good luck in your other exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irMike)
    Trip/Desire/Flow line maps, and Standard devation
    How bloody accurate is that why didn't I see this before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I think they do that deliberately to try and throw people off. If you knew how to do it you would have carried on, well done.
    Sound lad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrKmas508)
    Oh for f*** sake

No 96 was correct don't fret!

ReputationRep:
    That's good, as we had to describe how we analysed our data and your answer will show them that you know your stuff (some people will definitely have been vague and winged it )
    Is this correct :

- I used spearmens rank
    - I Ranked all my data samples in order e.g 14cm was ranked 1 as it was the largest
    - I then ranked all the site numbers e.g 25 was the largest site number
    - I Then minused the rank of the samples from the rank of the sites
    - I then sqaured the value to get ride rid of minus values
    - I added up total of these data points ans then added it to the equation
    - I got a value of -0.71
    - I used this method as it shows rhe the relationship between two and the significance of this correlation
    - My value showed my data had a 99% probably it was not due to chance whicg provided me with strong evidence to prove my hypothesis

Is that correct?

ReputationRep:
    I think we're right
    How did you do the SD I can't work out how everyone got 90 something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JBDorward)
    What did you guys say about the two places (Heath and Vue or something similar) to compare using the map provided?
    I referenced differing building density, amount of open space, transport links (railway and road) and elevation (Heath was around 90m above sea level?)

Also the distance from centre of Shrewsbury using the scale on the map.

No idea how much of that is right!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.