Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Houa guys
    I thought the paper overall was pretty straight forward for AQA standards....they didnput in the odd question that threw me a little :')
    I had a feeling maps would come up....not happy that it did but I'm hoping I did ok on that question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilaJ)
    No 96 was correct don't fret!
    How did you do the SD I don't get how everyone got 96

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsy_)
    How did you do the SD I can't work out how everyone got 90 something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well firstly, it was a 6 mark question. SO if you didn't get the correct value, you might've still gotten 4 or 5 (on track for A) so don't panick.

You had to calculate the mean, fill in the boxes in the table and input a value provided into the formula provided.

deviation = square root of [value inserted] divded by n (number of values).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comeback)
    I did, I chose Spearman's Rank. Although for the final part I said "and inserted this value into the formula" as I didn't actually remember the formula (we don't need to remember the formula for either tests)

That's exactly what I did since we don't have to know the formula.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilaJ)
    That's exactly what I did since we don't have to know the formula.
    Go us!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently I missed a question about drawing a line. Does anybody remember what the other questions on that page were?

ReputationRep:
    Add one little thing multiply the added squared differences by 6

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well firstly, it was a 6 mark question. SO if you didn't get the correct value, you might've still gotten 4 or 5 (on track for A) so don't panick.

You had to calculate the mean, fill in the boxes in the table and input a value provided into the formula provided.

deviation = square root of [value inserted] divded by n (number of values).
    Thanks. Okay so I didn't calculate the mean I took the number they had as the sum of (x-mean of x) 11556.56 and divided that by 12 and got 31.03. So instead I had to calculate my own mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bzhzhzejry)
    Apparently I missed a question about drawing a line. Does anybody remember what the other questions on that page were?
    Only a 2 mark question, I missed it out too cause I didn't see it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsy_)
    Thanks. Okay so I didn't calculate the mean I took the number they had as the sum of (x-mean of x) 11556.56 and divided that by 12 and got 31.03. So instead I had to calculate my own mean

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can't remember all the values so all I can say is if only the last part was done wrong you should get most of the marks, and remember you can drop a lot of marks and still get an A.

ReputationRep:
    what did people put for the last question of skills comparing 4a and 4b??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jrh3112)
    What did people get for the mean?
    I got the mean as 248.75 (something like that) just divided the sum of x by 12.

What did you guys get for standard deviation? I got around 780-790 something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    Only a 2 mark question, I missed it out too cause I didn't see it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, thanks. I was just wondering if I missed the entire page and was checking that there weren't any other questions on that page that I may have missed?

ReputationRep:
    Spearman's rank is perfect for that Q! Scatter is more a presentation technique, but if you mentioned the line of best fit and therefore correlation (strong or weak) you drew from it I think that's acceptable too.

Don't worry, good luck in your other exams!
    So i can still get 8 marks because i said all of that an advantages but i wrote about both when it only said 1! A friend said i could get 0 marks for not answering correctly?!! Ahhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloeeejess)
    On the last question on the feildwork, it said outline one method of analysing data but i wrote about scatter graphs and spearmans rank, does anybody know if this will affect my mark?! Worrying! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wrote about scatter graphs too as they were what I used to analyse my data! So I'm sure that'll be fine. I ran out of time and didn't get to write everything I wanted to so I'm a bit annoyed over that :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloeeejess)
    So i can still get 8 marks because i said all of that an advantages but i wrote about both when it only said 1! A friend said i could get 0 marks for not answering correctly?!! Ahhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You could definitely have full marks, they don't mark you down for saying something irrelevant if you've also said a full-mark answer.

They mark positively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieee1513)
    I wrote about scatter graphs too as they were what I used to analyse my data! So I'm sure that'll be fine. I ran out of time and didn't get to write everything I wanted to so I'm a bit annoyed over that :confused:
    That is fine if you mentioned actual analysis e.g. line of best fit, was there correlation? if so, how strong/weak? were there any anomalies, etc

ReputationRep:
    Bit gutted seemed to have messed up the last question a little. As a querry would i be able to get any marks/ possibly access level two with this information?

Explain using spear mans rank for increase in velocity downstream and increase in hydraulic radius. Explain why we would expect it (brief explanation) Strong correlation (with data from field study). Significant to 0.01, 1 % happening by chance. Reject null hypothesis, help us to accept our hypothesis although not confirm (Was on Bradshaw model, so only one part of it). Obviously explained in more detail in exam, but would that be a correct answer or as I didn't explain how we worked it out would it not count for much? Many thanks

Edit: I may have (not definite) made reference to spearmans rank being a good thing because it gives us the ability to do that, or words to that effect.

ReputationRep:
    For the last question I wrote all about scatter graphs talking about the advantages too and linked briefly at the end to spearmans rank. To I get credited for this? Got a feeling not which is a bummer as everything else went so well in the paper.

Ahh seen this had been answered

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.