Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie97)
    -
    - takes into account anomalies which can corrupt results whereas scatter graph's line of best fit would ignore anomalies
    I hadn't thought of that. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrKmas508)
    If anyone ants exemplar section 2 answers just ask
    Yes please. Every little helps

ReputationRep:
    Timing advice?

30 minutes for first section, 30 for second?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandwad)
    Timing advice?

30 minutes for first section, 30 for second?
    They are worth equal marks so that's what I'd do! Have never been given any advise from my teachers on it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anniesmith007)
    I would but it relates to my school's individual study as we have a river that goes through our school hah
    Ohhh i see!! Haha well good luck anyway

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain cross sections and how you draw them? Would we need to draw them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes please!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just a reminder to all about the equipment you should bring tomorrow.

My teachers repeated this, make sure you bring: Pen, pencil, ruler, pair of compasses (Pie charts) Protractor (Angles for pie charts) and a calculator for data manipulation if you cant do it in your head.

Not what i'd typically bring to an exam hence im mentioning it here

ReputationRep:
    yes please!

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Columbo97)
    Just a reminder to all about the equipment you should bring tomorrow.

My teachers repeated this, make sure you bring: Pen, pencil, ruler, pair of compasses (Pie charts) Protractor (Angles for pie charts) and a calculator for data manipulation if you cant do it in your head.

Not what i'd typically bring to an exam hence im mentioning it here
    Thanks for mentioning the compass- I don't bring that to exams any more as none of them need it. It would have been really embarrassing to lose marks over something so simple (especially as my school will not give out any equipment at all)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peppercrunch)
    My school gave us a booklet on graphical skills.

It says :
    The method for drawing proportional circle or semi-circles is:
    1) Calculate the square root of the values
    2) Multiply each square root by a constant: this gives you the radius of each circle.
    3) Draw the circles and mark the scale on the map.
    The circles can be divided.
    Hey, what's the need to square root the values? Surely if you just make a constant such as 0.1 and multiply it all the values theyll be proportional still and you can use that as your radii?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    Can someone explain cross sections and how you draw them? Would we need to draw them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached is a picture i have been given of a cross section. In the exam, i would draw a simple sketch of that which is super easy.

However this diagram is pretty sweet as it shows the velocity across the cross section, cool huh?

Hope this helps
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Attached is a picture i have been given of a cross section. In the exam, i would draw a simple sketch of that which is super easy.

However this diagram is pretty sweet as it shows the velocity across the cross section, cool huh?

Hope this helps
    cool use for isobars. Scale for every ten?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for everyones help with my question.

Good luck tomorrow and how did you all find GEOG 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Issy :))
    cool use for isobars. Scale for every ten?
    For the river i visited, scale for every 10cm possibly haha!! But that cross section is off a very large river. (Secondary) nothing to do with me

ReputationRep:
    I have a booklet on every skill we could need, including Cartographic (Maps&plans), Graphical, ICT and Statistical if anyone doesn't understand how to do standard deviation for example, i can help

ReputationRep:
    For the river i visited, scale for every 10cm possibly haha!! But that cross section is off a very large river. (Secondary) nothing to do with me
    no for the groups of the velocities of the isobars- I didn't know if you had done the activity and would therefore know a good scale to use as isobars could come up. Sorry for not being clear :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Issy :))
    no for the groups of the velocities of the isobars- I didn't know if you had done the activity and would therefore know a good scale to use as isobars could come up. Sorry for not being clear :P
    Oh i see!! Yeah maybe every 10 or 20 as you wouldn't want too many or it'd look messy!!

ReputationRep:

Hope this helps
    I'm still so confused Would you draw on the isolines but that would just show you the velocity but I thought that cross section would be like this.
    I apologise for being confusing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.