Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

landscaping help Watch

ReputationRep:
    Didn't quite know where to put this so I chose the creative corner the student room

Say I wanted to a hole in my garden about 4x4ft at the very least and have a wooden sheet covering the top of it and have some mud and grass on top you know the usual secret spot on films.
    Question is would I need a permit or some such thing to do so? I live near Edinburgh if that helps

ReputationRep:
    Will you be using the hole to store dead bodies? :awesome:

Seriously though, I doubt you'll need a permit to make this, unless it's going to be some massive industrial operation with diggers. As long as the garden is yours (not communal) and you aren't doing anything that will destroy the view for the neighbours you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah shouldn't be a problem as long as you dig it without disruptive machinery and don't mess up any water or gas pipes (unlikely)

One thing to note is that if anyone injures themselves by it then you'll be liable since you created the hazard

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for info man! And warning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memomemootoo)
    Will you be using the hole to store dead bodies? :awesome:

Seriously though, I doubt you'll need a permit to make this, unless it's going to be some massive industrial operation with diggers. As long as the garden is yours (not communal) and you aren't doing anything that will destroy the view for the neighbours you should be fine.
    Yeah regular dexter morgan haha nah id just keep curiosities in it and keep it hidden

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 11, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.