Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a 13" MacBook Air

And for those who have/prefer a desktop, why?

ReputationRep:
    11" Macbook Air

ReputationRep:
    Lenovo G580.

ReputationRep:
    You just come to show off your macbook eh?

Bill don't like that pal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blyts-_)
    I have a 13" MacBook Air

I have a desktop.

Desktops are considerably better value when you compare like for like with laptops.

ReputationRep:
    13" Macbook Air and I love it. I've had it for around a year, and it's never failed me once.

ReputationRep:
    A HP pavilion g6, got it a few years ago. Poor thing is drying, not looking forward to having to scrape money together for a new one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gulbenkian02)
    13" Macbook Air and I love it. I've had it for around a year, and it's never failed me once.
    Just got mine quite recently. What's the battery life and speed like after a year? Also, how much of the 128GB storage have you used? Assuming that's the one you have

ReputationRep:
    Just got mine quite recently. What's the battery life and speed like after a year? Also, how much of the 128GB storage have you used? Assuming that's the one you have
    I've used about 100GB and had to get a hard drive to transfer stuff over, if I could have afforded it, I would have gone for way more storage but it's not such a big issue if you just use it for Uni etc.
    The battery life for me right now is about 7-9hours depending on how much I'm using it during the day, for example I charged it 100% last night and have been using it on and off since, I'm on 24% now so it's perfect. My last laptop literally lasted about 20seconds and died haha.

The speed is still the same as when I bought it. I honestly could buy another one right now and there wouldn't be much difference!

ReputationRep:
    13" MacBook Pro! Best thing I've ever bought.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    128 GB? How do you survive? Even routinely clearing out my hard drive I have 700 GB used up. About another 350 GB between consoles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    128 GB? How do you survive? Even routinely clearing out my hard drive I have 700 GB used up. About another 350 GB between consoles.
    Going to get a 1TB external hard drive 700GB!? What do you store on there?

ReputationRep:
    Desktop because i can actually do something on it aswell as being able to run more than just Office and Calculator.

ReputationRep:
    Going to get a 1TB external hard drive 700GB!? What do you store on there?
    roughly:
    programs-80
    games/mods-420
    photos-25
    windows-45
    VMs-20
    documents-10
    backups-40

Then there's loads of random stuff such as datasets, saved games and drivers etc. that are in folders of 5 GB or less but they all add up. Saved game data is an issue. I have a habit of saving a game every 5-10 min, so for games that I play a lot I can quickly accumulate gigs worth of saves that eventually I'll clear out. The only game I remember this being an issue was Skyrim stops working completely on consoles if you have over 15 GB of saved games.
    I just found a few things to delete and now I'm on 680 GB.

ReputationRep:
    MacBook Pro 15 inch, got it last November and haven't looked back since switching from windows

I use photoshop etc. heavily and it can cope fine, I have had to purchase a laptop fan tray as it gets very hot when charging and going heavy tasks but it works a treat and not had a problem since.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lenovo Flex 2 14inch.
    6GB Ram
    i5
    128GB SSD
    Super lightweight and very sleek so it's easy to travel with. Definitely recommend it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have custom built gaming pc
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    13 inch MacBook Pro.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hp pavilion

ReputationRep:
    I have a 13" MacBook Air

I have an Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro - Black Edition, but I'm not going to be lugging that around on campus everyday.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.