The Student Room Group

Universities with low entry requirements for nursing???

I am currently doing AS maths, business and psychology and I am getting descent grades in psycho and business but failing so bad in maths :frown: I am going to drop maths this year and has agreed with my tutor to pick up an AS health and social care course for next year so at the end of my A2's I will be leaving with 2 A levels and an AS. I wanted to do mental health nursing at uni and I was looking for universities which would accept me with 2 A levels at grade Cs and an AS at grade B. So have you got any suggestions????
Reply 1
Edinburgh Napier university require CC. Kingston university want CCC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why not stay on and get a third a level? Use that time to build up a portfolio of work experience to support your application alongside the extra time to get that third a level. It'll widen your choices for where you can study then.
Reply 3
I have to agree with moonkatt. When I was looking at the entry requirements the majority of universities required 3 A-levels so this would increase your choices and chances of getting an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by moonkatt
Why not stay on and get a third a level? Use that time to build up a portfolio of work experience to support your application alongside the extra time to get that third a level. It'll widen your choices for where you can study then.

Original post by r-t
I have to agree with moonkatt. When I was looking at the entry requirements the majority of universities required 3 A-levels so this would increase your choices and chances of getting an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot for replying guys. I thought of doing A level health and social care double award which is equivalent to 2 a levels over 2 years but I thats my plan B (If I didn't get any offers) because I'll have to spend another year at college. For now I am just sticking with an AS of this course and the ucas points will be equivalent to an A level.
i m a little confused, will you have sat any as maths exams before dropping it?
you could do a foundation entry course for nursing at uni( i think you can do that with 2c's) for a year then do nursing, something you could do if you decided you didn't want to stay on at college for a 3rd year.
Getting a third a level or even doing a btec for a year would definitely give you more options, remember how you do at interview and getting plenty of work experience is just as important as getting good grades:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by claireestelle
you could do a foundation entry course for nursing at uni( i think you can do that with 2c's) for a year then do nursing, something you could do if you decided you didn't want to stay on at college for a 3rd year.
Getting a third a level or even doing a btec for a year would definitely give you more options, remember how you do at interview and getting plenty of work experience is just as important as getting good grades:smile:

Yeh the max I could get for maths exams are like E's and thats just for Core 1(the easiest care in as) and yeh might as well spend another year at college then.
Reply 7
Original post by claireestelle

thanks for replying :smile:
Original post by Max1997
Yeh the max I could get for maths exams are like E's and thats just for Core 1(the easiest care in as) and yeh might as well spend another year at college then.

an extra year wont make a difference really, as you ll probably be the youngest one on the course anyway:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending