Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Is this a correct WAWOS structured answer? Please help, exam tomorrow!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, my RE GCSE AQA exam is tomorrow and each section has a 6 mark wawos structured question. For anyone who is familiar with that structure, is my answer below to the question (also below) structured properly? Also, is it a good answer to the question?

Question - “All sex before marriage is wrong”. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer, showing that you have thought about more than one point of view. Refer to religious arguments in your answer.

The statement is saying all sex before marriage is wrong.

Personally I agree with the statement. I feel this way because I believe that sex Is a gift from God to married couples only and it is mainly there to procreate. Religious believers such as Muslims may agree with me as they may refer to the teachings in the Qur'an - "The adulterer and the adulteress, scourge them with a hundred stripes each" and "Do not kill a child for the fear of want, we will provide sustenance for them and for you". These sayings suggest that sex outside of marriage is wrong/punishable and also that we shouldn't have sex for our own pleasures, but we should have it in order to procreate.

On the other hand, religious believers such as Christians who follow the Church of England may disagree with me and with the statement because the Church of England teaches that sex can be had in long term relationships or cohabitations due to the fact that the circumstances are similar to a marriage (e.g. living together). They may also disagree that sex is only for procreation as they may say that sayings from the Bible such as - "Be fruitful and increase in number" are outdated and only apply to a previous time where there was no poverty or overcrowding in the world.

Summary - please tell me what to include in the summary????

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.