Is this a correct WAWOS structured answer? Please help, exam tomorrow!!! Watch

ZeshanHabib
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys, my RE GCSE AQA exam is tomorrow and each section has a 6 mark wawos structured question. For anyone who is familiar with that structure, is my answer below to the question (also below) structured properly? Also, is it a good answer to the question?

Question - “All sex before marriage is wrong”. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer, showing that you have thought about more than one point of view. Refer to religious arguments in your answer.

The statement is saying all sex before marriage is wrong.

Personally I agree with the statement. I feel this way because I believe that sex Is a gift from God to married couples only and it is mainly there to procreate. Religious believers such as Muslims may agree with me as they may refer to the teachings in the Qur'an - "The adulterer and the adulteress, scourge them with a hundred stripes each" and "Do not kill a child for the fear of want, we will provide sustenance for them and for you". These sayings suggest that sex outside of marriage is wrong/punishable and also that we shouldn't have sex for our own pleasures, but we should have it in order to procreate.

On the other hand, religious believers such as Christians who follow the Church of England may disagree with me and with the statement because the Church of England teaches that sex can be had in long term relationships or cohabitations due to the fact that the circumstances are similar to a marriage (e.g. living together). They may also disagree that sex is only for procreation as they may say that sayings from the Bible such as - "Be fruitful and increase in number" are outdated and only apply to a previous time where there was no poverty or overcrowding in the world.

Summary - please tell me what to include in the summary????
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (12)
6.42%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.16%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.11%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.43%
There's nothing they could do (54)
28.88%

Watched Threads

Latest