Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Ways to stay positive - add your ideas! Watch

ReputationRep:
    In general, I've always been quite a positive person. So when I had my heart broken recently I found all the negative feelings that came with it quite hard to deal with.
    It made me think - there must be lots of people out there who, for whatever reason (be it relationships, work, studying or anything else), find themselves going through a hard time.
    My friends and family have been great at suggesting things for me to do to stay positive, and I thought I'd share some as well as asking TSR what you find helps you stay positive - especially when things aren't going well.

Some positive things:

Writing in a journal - not necessarily all the time, but it's been good to keep track of my feelings. I've also stopped writing about bad things, but just noting something positive that's happened each day. It's a really lovely thing to look back at

Spending time with friends - especially helpful after a breakup, my university housemates have been great, and I've gotten in contact with a few people I've lost contact with recently.

Setting myself some challenges - my sister suggested this one. I've made a list of challenges to have a go out - from small things like rereading some of my favourite books to bigger ones like writing a film script. It's given me a few things to aim for and look forward to.

Getting out and doing stuff - as much as I've been tempted to sit around watching TV and moping, I've found it's really good to achieve something. I've been spending more time on some hobbies that I'd let slip recently

So - what suggestions does anyone else have? What do you do to stay positive?

ReputationRep:
    Being in social situations drive me pretty much, I hate being alone for too long so being with other people always lifts me up, activities such as sports also keep me busy and I'm someone who enjoys having pretty low spare time

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.