The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Whats the ethical issue for iodine?!
Original post by Desouza123
For the improving investigation i put put it in a water flask so the temp remains constant but its probs wrong

definitely, becausethe temperature was the dependent variable, it was being measured and had to change, it did not need to be controlled

i said somthing stupid like using a boss and clamp to hold the thermometer so it didnt come out during the reaction accidentally, increasing the reliability of the results
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 402
Original post by sophierox
It was the C2 paper, just before the q on why it had a low boiling point it asked you to draw a diagram apparently and I missed it out😓

Oh ok, in my school everyone did C2 last year so we just did C3. The first half was easy and then the second half was alright, it was easyish but I messed up. I was hoping for at least an A but I'm not sure now ;/
Original post by Terrydaktal
definitely, becausethe temperature was the dependent variable, it was being measure and had to change, it did not need to be controlled

Yeah ik didnt know what else to say
What did you Get for the empirical formula
Original post by Roxyfreeman

Pb2O3
Original post by Jules12345
Whats the ethical issue for iodine?!

does not give the person a choice, they may not want iodine, free choice is guarded by the universal declaration of human rights, article 1: "all born free and equal"

Pb2O3
does not give the person a choice, free choice is guarded by the universal declaration of human rights, article 1: "all born free and equal"

I put that it's adding a product that isn't natural to the food? Not sure if that counts! :s-smilie:
Original post by Jules12345
Pb2O3

yes same, it had a molar ratio of 1:1.5
Original post by Jonathanitb
I put that it's adding a product that isn't natural to the food? Not sure if that counts! :s-smilie:

hmm not sure if they care about rights of food, go check w/ amnesty international lol
Original post by Jonathanitb

Yeah i said food would not be organic
Could you say someone may be allergic to iodine?
For the question about improving the experiment, I put that the beaker should have a scale on it. Didn't think much about that question but hopefully it should earn me a mark.
Also, what did people put for the ethical reason why iodine should not be added to foods?
What did you put for the moles question with the two blanks?
Could you say someone may be allergic to iodine?

Yay! I said the exact same thing :smile:
Original post by mareyak
What did you put for the moles question with the two blanks?

I put grams and Carbon-12 :smile:
Original post by Desouza123
Yeah i said food would not be organic

what did u put on the sentence one with the blanks, i put "grams" and " an isotope"
YAY! people were saying that the second blank is "molecule" or 'compound"
what did u put on the sentence one with the blanks, i put "grams" and " an isotope"

Grams and Carbon 12

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending