Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohanl98)
    Is Pb2O3 right?
    The ratio was 1:1.5
    So I timsed it by 2
    I got the same ratio but forgot to the last bit because I was such an idiot so. Do you think I will still get 3 out of the 4 marks because I got the ratio?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblebex1)
    I got the same ratio but forgot to the last bit because I was such an idiot so. Do you think I will still get 3 out of the 4 marks because I got the ratio?

Yeah should be 3/4 if all steps are correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrTechGamer)
    If so thats fantastic , but are you sure , because one on of friends told me that the question asked specifically for the formulas sucjh as fe2+ or whatever it is on the data sheet ?
    It wasn't worth that many marks and they generally accept both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananabrain12345)
    I put about mass medication.
    I said that people should get the choice , a bit like the fluroine thing on the specificaiton.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the empirical formula was diving the relative atomic number with the amount needed? How is it Pb2O3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyou)
    it wasn't worth that many marks and they generally accept both
    yyyyyeeeeaaaaa boooooiiiiiiiii !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desouza123)
    What did u lot put for the last one about y idodine solution doesnt conduct electricity
    No delocalise electrons because it is bonded covalently and so can carry no current with out free electrons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terrydaktal)
    what did u guys put ? cryolite and ______ i put bauxite
    what did u put for the improvement of the experiment?
    what did u say for the dental braces? i said nitinol makes it stronger and is a memory alloy and can maintain its shape
    what did up put for the difference in structure in an alloy and a metal - i said an alloy contains atoms of different metals so the layers are rough and cannot slide over eachother meaning that an alloy is stronger
    what did u say for why a coin isn't pure copper - i said it would lose shape.
    for the cryolite I put bauxite but it is aluminium oxide according to the revision guide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruqayyah12334)
    I put aluminium oxide
    So did I because before electrolysis aluminium oxide is separated from its ore "bauxite" so in electrolysis the solution is aluminium oxide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen199)
    for c3 was the volume of hydrochloric acid 60? it said total so wasn't to sure .. think it may of been 30 but was trying to confuse us haha
    I think it was 55. 25 initially then add 30 as it was added in 5cm^3 intervals.

ReputationRep:
    haha that was piss easy lads

ReputationRep:
    Also, I put 'smart alloy' instead of 'memory alloy', on the question about the braces. Will I still gain a mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimibrockstark)
    Also, I put 'smart alloy' instead of 'memory alloy', on the question about the braces. Will I still gain a mark?
    I didn't put either I just said what it does

ReputationRep:
    I revised, but the paper was bitty. I self marked at the end at I think I got 49/60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimibrockstark)
    I thought the empirical formula was diving the relative atomic number with the amount needed? How is it Pb2O3?
    Pb= 6.21g and O=0.72g
    Pb's Ar= 207 and O's= 16
    6.21/207=0.03 Moles
    .72/16=0.045 Moles

0.03/0.03=1
    0.045/0.03=1.5
    So the ratio is 1:1.5
    to get whole numbers, multiply both sides by 2 to get 2:3
    so the formula is Pb2O3

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me how they solved the empirical formula because I am confused on how my answer was different. C2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabelsummers)
    Pb= 6.21g and O=0.72g
    Pb's Ar= 207 and O's= 16
    6.21/207=0.03 Moles
    .72/16=0.045 Moles

0.03/0.03=1
    0.045/0.03=1.5
    So the ratio is 1:1.5
    to get whole numbers, multiply both sides by 2 to get 2:3
    so the formula is Pb2O3

Thankyou so much! I got the first section correct, hopefully there was a few marks gained there :/

ReputationRep:
    For improvements to the experiment i put stir it ?? Is that acceptable or?

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys put for the C2 6 marker?

I put that the reason that experiment 7-10's temperature stayed the same was because the glass beaker wasn't insulated therefore the rate at which heat energy
    was being lost was equal to the heat energy being produced.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I'm so happy that it looks like I got the empirical formula one right, as well as a few of the other difficult ones in C2. Really wasn't expecting to do as well as it looks like I did, since everyone at my school was so negative about C2 like it was some impossible paper or something.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.