Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the c2 6 marker about describing and explaining trends?

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for finding the concentration methods question? (5 marks)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mghp)
    I think it was because pure copper is too soft
    Do you think they'd accept if you said because it could be bent?

ReputationRep:
    is anyone making an unofficial mark scheme?
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Locked for clean-up
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Unlocked.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote that adding iodine to food could cause health problems

The roots of education are bitter, however the fruit is sweet.

ReputationRep:
    what did you put for the 2 fill in the gaps sentences talking about molecular mass and stuff..... I put grams and then hydrogen

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions for an A and an A* (grade boundaries) for C3?

ReputationRep:
    I am so angry, i crossed out bauxite and said carbon, no clue why. For the coins i said too light and could bend, For food ethical- not organic. i got Pb203, messed up on iodine, other than that I liked the exam and hope an unofficial mark scheme is produced...

ReputationRep:
    what did you write for the five marker on C3 about titration and another method?

ReputationRep:
    Where did I go wrong for the emperical formula; I got PbO3 btw not Pb203Ok so I divided firstly the mass of the lead by the ar i think it was 207 and got like 0.015Did the same for the oxygen and got like 0.045Then I didivided 0.015 by 0.015 and got 1Then I divided 0.045 by 0.015 and got 3Would I get any marks?Where did i go wrong??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    is anyone making an unofficial mark scheme?
    I hope so

ReputationRep:
    Would they allow alumina​ for bauxite?

ReputationRep:
    i was really satisfied with the 6 markers in unit 2+3 they were a whole lot better than the ones in biology for me
    it's weird cause i normally find bio harder than chem but this was easier
    think i got c grade which i'm super satisfied with cause i was getting d grades before the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Where did I go wrong for the emperical formula; I got PbO3 btw not Pb203Ok so I divided firstly the mass of the lead by the ar i think it was 207 and got like 0.015Did the same for the oxygen and got like 0.045Then I didivided 0.015 by 0.015 and got 1Then I divided 0.045 by 0.015 and got 3Would I get any marks?Where did i go wrong??
    I used your way but i got 1.5 for the oxygen i think it was, so i doubled that to make it 3 and doubled the 1 from lead to make it 2, pb203

ReputationRep:
    what did people get for the question about disadvantages and advantages of the two methods (it was 5 marks)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    I got 0.03 for the lead one after dividing by Ar so then if you divide 0.045 by that you get 1.5. So then the ratio would be 1:1.5 but you multiply everything by 2 so there's no decimals to get 2:3. I'm pretty sure you would get some marks for the right method though

ReputationRep:
    Can someone make an unofficial mark scheme PLEASE

ReputationRep:
    I put aluminium oxide instead of bauxite for the electrolysis question. Is that wrong?

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.