Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RotomGuy)
    14. Where the heck did people get 20 from?
    I put 20 bc I did max as 38 - min as 18??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    I put fluorine! I have no idea about it 😕
    yes it is fluorine, because a more reactive halogen displaces a less reactive halogen from an aqueous solution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hld123)
    I used the 14 degrees and got 3234 but I wasn't sure if it was 20 degrees either? :/
    Yeah same I put both but chose the 20 degree one to put in the answer box.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    But it decreased after. I believe it meant the temperature change across the whole reaction.

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for what did the electrolysis of sodium chloride produce?? I put hydrogen and couldnt remember the other so put sodium hydroxide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    I put 4620 J initially but then I changed 20 to 14 because I thought the overall temperature change is essentially the overall energy change.

Does this link support or oppose me?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ov...on%3B220%3B135
    it supports you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    I put 4620 J initially but then I changed 20 to 14 because I thought the overall temperature change is essentially the overall energy change.

Does this link support or oppose me?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ov...on%3B220%3B135
    I put both but then chose 20 because it was asking for how much energy was released and if it did go up to 38 it would have released the energy that corresponds to a 20 degree temperature rise when it got there, so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    i got 14, don't know how they got 20
    Ikr? What did you get for the calculation then below it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes24)
    Lithium iodide I think?

Iron (II) bromide

Iron (III) sulfate

or something like that, can't remember exact combination.
    how is the first one lithium there was no red flame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellie<3)
    What did people get for what did the electrolysis of sodium chloride produce?? I put hydrogen and couldnt remember the other so put sodium hydroxide
    that is correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RotomGuy)
    But it decreased after. I believe it meant the temperature change across the whole reaction.
    ohhhh igy, I guess that's one mark down the drain.... do they do ECF? I sure hope so

ReputationRep:
    thats right!

ReputationRep:
    For the Q=mct one, do you think they'd give you marks if you got the right answer for the numbers you had even if those numbers were wrong?

ReputationRep:
    it supports you
    I get the reasoning but if it asked for the energy released, you can't just ignore the energy that was released when it went up to 38 degrees.

Also it asked you to use the volume of 55 from one of the questions and this is from the 38 degree part, whereas the end of the reaction would have had a higher volume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    i got 14, don't know how they got 20
    20= difference between maximum and initial temperature

14= difference between initial and end temperature

ReputationRep:
    that is correct
    Thanks!!

ReputationRep:

I put the same think it's right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    Im not saying you're wrong but it sad OVERALL temperature change, so I just subtracted the end temperature from the start temperature

ReputationRep:
    for method 1 in c3 I mentioned a disadvantage was that you would not get an exact yield therefore results were not accurate

ReputationRep:
    for the flame one i think I put

iron (II) sulfate
    sodium iodide
    iron ?(III) bromide

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.