Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes24)
    I agree about C2 and C3 but for me I found B3 quite easy and B2 much harder xD
    To be honest all the fuss about B2 was on a few questions (ratio question, magnification question, the six marker).
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    Remember for every genius who gets 100 UMS there are dumb people who shouldn't have been doing Triple Science who pull the marks down and almost restore the boundaries to equilibrium.
    Unit 3 boundaries are usually higher though.

ReputationRep:
    What did you write for those to gap fill questions before the oxygen isotope question? Also what did you write in the 5 marker about the advatanges of methods 1 and 2 and the 6 marker about ion resin exchange and sodium carbonate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryleavey)
    Oh, ok I found unit 3 easier. But there will only be triple students: hence the higher grade boundary
    Suppose so but traditionally unit 3 has low grade boundaries in all science, even if only the triple people do it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    To be honest all the fuss about B2 was on a few questions (ratio question, magnification question, the six marker).
    Agree but also I think bile threw a lot of people off as it's not spoken about much in the book. Did you ever come to a decision over the ratio? I got 400 magnification and 3:1 ratio.

ReputationRep:
    Unit 2 around 46/47
    Unit 3 around 48

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryleavey)
    Unit 3 boundaries are usually higher though.
    I mean out of those people who do Unit 3, and comparing Unit 3 papers with other Unit 3 papers.

The reason why I wrote 'almost' was because 'dumb' is a relative term so the 'dumb' people doing Unit 3 don't counteract the upward change caused by the clever people as much as they should be for reasons which I'll not be posting here.

ReputationRep:
    Suppose so but traditionally unit 3 has low grade boundaries in all science, even if only the triple people do it...
    not really, unit 3 is for more able candidates so the boundaries are generally higher

ReputationRep:
    shoot I always get lithium and sodium confused, nm.
    Yeh same 😂😔

ReputationRep:
    grams
    I had no idea so I just put moles...

ReputationRep:
    Someone please do a mark scheme for the 5 and 6 markers...

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone put for the c2 fill in the blanks sentence things?

ReputationRep:
    For the Q=mct question; do you think I will get some marks if I used my answers from the part before but they were wrong?!

ReputationRep:
    Overall I though C2 was ok but C3 was hard - my friends all thought they were both easy. I made some stupid mistakes that I am kicking myself for xD

I was really aiming for an A but with my performance on C3 I think that is out the window - I might just have to try and get as high marks as possible on C1 to pull up my grade

How did you guys find it?

ReputationRep:
    Agree but also I think bile threw a lot of people off as it's not spoken about much in the book. Did you ever come to a decision over the ratio? I got 400 magnification and 3:1 ratio.
    I got bile question wrong... for pH decrease I wrote bile neutralises the milk (since milk is slightly acidic) instead of writing bile neutralises fatty acids.

I got 400 magnification too.

705+224= 929.

705/929= 0.7588--> 0.76
    224/929= 0.2411---> 0.24

0.76:0.24= 19:6

I think I was the only person in the entire country to get that answer. There'll be a wide margin of error (whatever you call it) due to rounding issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Positivedani)
    For the Q=mct question; do you think I will get some marks if I used my answers from the part before but they were wrong?!
    Yeah - I'm hoping so because that is what I did. Usually you get ECF (error carried forward) marks so hopefully we will get at least 1 mark for that question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    not really, unit 3 is for more able candidates so the boundaries are generally higher
    It's supposed to be, I guess boundaries are higher than the other units but they're not exactly high.... quite often can lose between 12 and 20 marks- that's not high imo!

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the ions test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm predicted an a* but I can't see that happening after today, found the 5 marker.... Odd.. On c3 and felt I made a couple of silly errors on both.
    but what can you do guess.

ReputationRep:
    yo

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.