Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial mark scheme??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    I got bile question wrong... for pH decrease I wrote bile neutralises the milk (since milk is slightly acidic) instead of writing bile neutralises fatty acids.

I got 400 magnification too.

705+224= 929.

705/929= 0.7588--> 0.76
    224/929= 0.2411---> 0.24

0.76:0.24= 19:6

I think I was the only person in the entire country to get that answer. There'll be a wide margin of error (whatever you call it) due to rounding issues.
    I think I rambled on about something to neutralisation but then realised the pH was actually getting lower whereas if it was neutralising it, it would get higher. So i said pH got lower because fatty acids were produced and they are acidic... I don't even know haha!

Wow didn't think about doing that- just put 705 and 224 in a fraction which didn't simplify so got confused and rounded to 3:1. 19:6 sounds good and i suppose 3:1 is close to the simplified ratio of that, if it had been 18:6..

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone get for the first question on c2 about reaction rates

ReputationRep:
    well I think I flopped
    I mean some questions were alright to answer but the rest I just my mind went all blank and don't even get me stated on C2! But hopefully the grade boundaries are low this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannzz98)
    What did everyone put for the ions test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Iron (II) Sulphate
    Sodium Iodide
    Iron (III) Bromide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblebex1)
    So did I because before electrolysis aluminium oxide is separated from its ore "bauxite" so in electrolysis the solution is aluminium oxide
    you may not get a mark for that either, i think they wanted "alumina"

ReputationRep:
    I put iron2+ sulfate

Sodium+chloride-

FE3++H2SO43-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by souless_lol)
    well I think I flopped
    I mean some questions were alright to answer but the rest I just my mind went all blank and don't even get me stated on C2! But hopefully the grade boundaries are low this year
    I think the denizens of TSR are generally of the upper ability, so as I said before, equilibrium should be nearly reached by the counteracting effect of the lower ability people on the grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananabrain12345)
    for the cryolite I put bauxite but it is aluminium oxide according to the revision guide
    some say bauxite some say aluminium oxide some say alumina , they could allow all

ReputationRep:
    for the first question on c3 were they asking for the actual names of the elements of the symbols?

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping for 1 mark on that question

ReputationRep:
    For the ions question did we have to put the actual ion symbol eg fe2+ or could we write iron

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Hickman)
    For improvements to the experiment i put stir it ?? Is that acceptable or?
    :c yep thats 2/2
    although if you stir none it is still a fair comparison between concentrations

ReputationRep:
    Elements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terrydaktal)
    some say bauxite some say aluminium oxide some say alumina , they could allow all
    Wikipedia says aluminium oxide (alumina) in molten cryolite, but I think people are taught to remember that name the ore of aluminium is bauxite, so yes, they'll accept all three, otherwise I'll make them accept all three

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys find the exams today ?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RotomGuy)
    Iron (II) Sulphate
    Sodium Iodide
    Iron (III) Bromide
    I think I got that! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys know if there's a thread for next weeks physics exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes24)
    I think I rambled on about something to neutralisation but then realised the pH was actually getting lower whereas if it was neutralising it, it would get higher. So i said pH got lower because fatty acids were produced and they are acidic... I don't even know haha!

Wow didn't think about doing that- just put 705 and 224 in a fraction which didn't simplify so got confused and rounded to 3:1. 19:6 sounds good and i suppose 3:1 is close to the simplified ratio of that, if it had been 18:6..
    They'll have to accept both 3.14:1 and 3:1 as the ambiguity between theoretical and actual results is their fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths4ever!)
    Elements
    yeah but could you put K-for potassium etc

Poll
How are you feeling about your GCSE results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.