Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    Didn't see a thread for the C2 & C3 thread so thought I should start one! How are you guys feeling about the Thursday exam? Predictions? Good exam tips? Post them here!
    I thought the tests were easy does someone want to make an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciarayh)
    i think the words but they more often than not allow both, they will allow the symbols cos it was a chem exam, i did words because i think its clearere, it would be mean to disallow either
    It said the symbols of the elements not the words

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraAdrianna)
    How did you guys find the exams today ?????
    I found C2..... weird. It wasn't necessarily hard or easy it just seemed strange.
    The six marker really really threw me and I know I got the empirical formula wrong. I was hoping to get around 48/60 but I think I'd be lucky to get 42 at a push.
    Hopefully my B2 and physics will save my grade!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloemurphy1999)
    for c3 what were the uses of ethanol? You had to give 2 but i could only remember fuels
    i put in perfume and as a solvent xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morrissies)
    I found C2..... weird. It wasn't necessarily hard or easy it just seemed strange.
    The six marker really really threw me and I know I got the empirical formula wrong. I was hoping to get around 48/60 but I think I'd be lucky to get 42 at a push.
    Hopefully my B2 and physics will save my grade!!!
    was the empirical formula br3o2?

ReputationRep:
    If you added up the scores for C1, C2, C3 and ISA, how many marks out of 230 do you think it will be for an A?
    I know we haven't done C1 yet but just based on these papers and last years grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dropthebase)
    It said the symbols of the elements not the words
    oooh do you think they will allow words? did they acctually say give your answer as a symbol?

ReputationRep:
    Empirical formula I got Pb2O3?

ReputationRep:
    It was PB2O3

PB is lead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciarayh)
    oooh do you think they will allow words? did they acctually say give your answer as a symbol?
    Most likely but is said symbol but they won't mark you down for the word

ReputationRep:
    Any one have any grade boundary predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxRAEXx)
    Any one have any grade boundary predictions?
    C2: 49/60 for A*

C3: 44/60 for A*

ReputationRep:
    Pb2O3

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else freak out at the five mark question on c3?

ReputationRep:
    Most likely but is said symbol but they won't mark you down for the word
    I didn't realise it specified? I put words but they normally include the symbols/words as interchangeable don't they?

ReputationRep:
    I thought the tests were easy does someone want to make an unofficial mark scheme?
    Yes!

ReputationRep:
    what did people get for the energy released for the question towards the end of c3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AtomicCaitlin)
    Did anyone else freak out at the five mark question on c3?
    I did. I think I got one out of five marks for that question, two if the examiner's generous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battenberg123)
    what did people get for the energy released for the question towards the end of c3
    3234 J.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesosborne)
    Bonding between sodium and chloride ? Did anyone write that sodium gives an electron to chlorine so it has a positive charge and chlorine gains it and becomes negative both have a full outer she'll?
    Yes I put that, I said about ionic bonding, so it is in a giant lattice and that it has a strong electrostatic attraction between positive and negative ions, so ir has a high melting point because it takes a lot of energy to break the bonds.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.